Re: Opening windows in seperate screens

Mark Hansen wrote:
This is an english group. Please reply in English so others can learn as
well. Thanks.

Help is help. If you don't want the help, ignore it.

It is not for me that I say this. I say it because of others. That way
others will learn and can participate as well. If I would want to have
this dicusiion in Dutch, I would move to a specific group for that
language.
Don't you think it is nice if other people can learn as well as me
getting the solution? To me open source is not only about the sharing
the source. It is _to me_ also about sharing the knowledge. To do so I
believe using the same language helps enourmously.

You don't understand what he was trying to say?

Yes, I did. The command he gave me just did not work.

You are posting from a Linux host. Is that were you're running The Gimp?
... and you don't know what the DISPLAY environment variable is for?

Not completely, no. At least I never used it in that way before.

Honest to goodness: You can look at the following line:

setenv DISPLAY 127.0.0.1:0.0

and not have any idea what he is trying to tell you?

I understood what he was trying to say, so what I did was copy and paste
what he had done and then I got the information that the command
`setenv` did not exist. As you see in a later post by me, I found a way
to do what he said, but a bit different. Unfortunatly that does not do
what I would like it to do.

houghi
--
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, <
for in his heart he dreams himself your master. <

  • Re: Sharing oddity
    ... I can set up and share folders (logical drives) on the win2000 system, ... Sharing of a specific logical drive appears to be set up as it should be and as are all the other logicals, but it won't show up on the LAN. ... Time to get down to command line commands so that you ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.networking)
  • Re: Leaked MS Memo
    ... The GNU guy said to Bill Gates quite a few years ago "that all software should be free". ... > I know all about "sharing". ... It took the 'Open Source' folks almost nine ... >> damage that would be inflicted on the restaurant industry ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Leaked MS Memo
    ... I know all about "sharing". ... It took the 'Open Source' folks almost nine ... "share" a patch for the severe NFS server vulnerability in pre-2.0 Linux ... > damage that would be inflicted on the restaurant industry ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: [SLE] Simply file sharing
    ... but a "basic" sharing could be for example this: ... Open a terminal, and become root (in terminal give command "sux", and give the ... And restart samba "rcsamba restart" (or rcsmb restart if You are running older ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: Refering to current message headers in mutt macros
    ... |> You could use a short python or perl-script to extract the message-id, ... command, and then source the resulting file. ... Open source is the future. ...
    (Fedora)