JACE 3-11-2010 build up on sourceforge
- From: BLuRry <brendan.robert@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2010 21:03:42 -0800 (PST)
To execute (uses java 5 or higher), double-click on the JAR file (if
you've registered javaw to open jar files) or from the command prompt:
java -jar jace.jar
You should see it boot right off the bat.
The new stuff:
- You can specify the virtual drive's root path now, press F3 and
select any file in the root (e.g. select PRODOS.SYS), it will auto-
boot to prodos if it detects that the computer is sitting in a floppy
drive read loop
- Disk II emulation now supports 0, 1 and 2 disks. (0 means it
doesn't bomb with errors if something accesses the disk drive with no
disk in it). I tested this with the 3-disk version of Prince of
- Change S6 D1 image with F1, change S6 D2 image with F2.
- Code internally supports more disk drives (e.g. you could put two
more in slot 5 or slot 7 if you really really wanted to)
- When the floppy "motor" is on, the emulator jumps to full speed so
disk I/O feels fast
- Floppy writes to NIB, DSK and PO images is now supported and tested
(YAY!), but BACK UP anything you use with this until it's fully battle-
tested and you're comfortable it isn't messing up your data.
- Prodos block device (HDV) support. Should be insanely trivial, just
haven't done it yet.
- Real configuration screen
- Write support for virtual prodos drive (this is not easy, and it
won't be any time soon)
Under the hood I have implemented changes to accommodate support for
reconfiguring the emulator while it is running. That means any class
with configurable variables have said variables marked as
@Configurable. When the config screen changes these variables, all
affected classes will have a reconfigure() method called to respond to
any changes made. This could be any sort of change from speaker
volume to floppy DSK path. So it's not far off in the conceivable
future that this will be done, just needed to get the pre-work out of
the way. The next hairy beast is adding keyboard remapping support.
Haven't gotten through the though process on how to do that yet.
- Prev by Date: cAndy Apple Google Android Apple //e emulator - need beta testers
- Next by Date: Re: Updating KEGS, have some questions
- Previous by thread: cAndy Apple Google Android Apple //e emulator - need beta testers
- Next by thread: Re: JACE 3-11-2010 build up on sourceforge