Re: vi error message 'E353: Nothing in register "'

Thomas Wiedmann <th.wm@xxxxxx> wrote:
Hello,

recently in vi I've got the error message
E353: Nothing in register "

What does this error message mean?

:help E353

It means you attempted to "put" some text from the unnamed register when
there was nothing in that register, that is, before you "yanked" or
"deleted" any text into it. See

:help quotequote

How to resolve that error?

There error message appeared as a result of some action on your part.
Without knowing what your actions were prior to the appearance of that
error message, it's impossible to tell you how to resolve it. You may
have simply typed p by mistake while in normal mode.

--
Gary Johnson

  • Re: Stuck on "Checking for the latest updates for your computer...
    ... "Robert Aldwinckle" wrote: ... I cannot seem to register one of the DLL's ... would be that the error message is bogus and represents an attempt ... idea to stop BITS before trying the regsvr32 command. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: Error 1911 when I try to open Word 2003
    ... Here is what Install Shield says about your problem. ... example msado15.dll You can register a file manually. ... folders for the file name in the error message. ... If the .dll file registers correctly, re-run the Motive Power ...
    (microsoft.public.office.misc)
  • Re: PROBLEMS WITH XP HOME
    ... When I click on windows update an error message is created which is sent, ... my details to register the software, but the programme opens and I get an ... Do a thorough check for malware, following all of the steps at one of these ... Don't ever do a "default" install of anything. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • RE: THREED32.OCX error
    ... I have this ocx registered on my machine running XP and ... In your error message I noticed that you failed to ... Even if you register an ocx to the usual windows system ... location in the project file. ...
  • Re: RAW Image Thumbnailer & Viewer wont Install - Error 1904
    ... I had equally this same error message: ... To the assistance of Regmon ... key in the register: HKCR\.tif that did not give me the writing rights; ... image thumbnailer snd Viewer for Windows XP\CRXRAWHandler.dll failed to ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.photos)