Re: Synthesis Of WideBand Waveform

"yogesh_gharote" <yogesh_gharote@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:YMednQcXn7z5VbrXnZ2dnUVZ_gCdnZ2d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi all!
I have a 400MHz bandwidth analog real waveform & I want to digitise
it using ADC. So i need to sample it at least at 800MHz. But I dont have a
suitable ADC to do that (I need to maintain a high dynamic range of around
75dB requiring a ADC chip of around 16bits which can sample at 800MHz or
more which i dont have). What i have instead is a 4 channel ADC which can
sample at upto 200MHz (each channel) . My question is can I sample the
wideband waveform using 4 channels simultaneously sampling at 200MHz (each
channel), something akin to quadrature sampling , and then combine the 4
channel streams to get back my original wideband waveform ? Is there any
tangible literature which states how this can be done? ( I have read most
of the basic sampling theorms papers which give information about higher
order bandpass sampling and interpolants but had a hard time understanding
them)So i am looking around if any of u guys have done this before.

Note: The wideband waveform which i have mentioned is bandpass waveform
centred around some freq fc>>400MHz

Regards,
Yogesh

In principle, this can be done. In practice, matching or calibrating the
ADCs and the sampling
instants to the required precision for your dynamic range is a bear.

There was an article in the Agilent Technologies Measurement mag a couple of
years ago about this technique as used in their high speed scopes, it might
be on
the T&M section of their website. There's also a patent by Howard Hilton on
calibration of a pair of ADCs used like this (7049992).

Regards
Ian

  • Re: anti-aliasing
    ... Suppose one were firing an adc at some fixed rate, ... I could add a pseudo-random delay after every adc sample shot; ... any waveform, to avoid getting just a slice. ... the harmonics of the sampling rate. ...
    (sci.electronics.design)
  • Re: DSO2250 AC-DC coupling
    ... The apparent change was due to the shift of the waveform on the ... Sounds more and more like they do the offset before the ADC and the ... display limits (this evidenced by manipulating math functions to ... pronounced on channel 2 (the channel used to demonstrate in the ...
    (sci.electronics.design)
  • Synthesis Of WideBand Waveform
    ... I have a 400MHz bandwidth analog real waveform & I want to digitise ... it using ADC. ... What i have instead is a 4 channel ADC which can ... wideband waveform using 4 channels simultaneously sampling at 200MHz (each ...
    (comp.dsp)
  • Re: DSO2250 AC-DC coupling
    ... It was a positive pulse waveform that shifted down-screen ... Sounds more and more like they do the offset before the ADC and the ... display limits (this evidenced by manipulating math functions to ... pronounced on channel 2 (the channel used to demonstrate in the ...
    (sci.electronics.design)