AT&T stockholders vote down net neutrality proposal [telecom]

By Terrence O'Brien posted Apr 27th 2012 4:28PM

AT&T stockholders took to the ballot box today at their annual meeting
and voted not only to reelect the entire board of directors, but also on
a number of measures concerning how the company should conduct business.
Chief amongst them was a provision that would have required the carrier
to operate its network according to the tenets of net neutrality.
Unfortunately for you (unless you're an AT&T exec), the proposal was
voted down by a pretty stunning margin. 94.1 percent of shareholders
opposed, with only 5.9 casting their voice in favor of true network

Bill Horne
(Remove QRM from my address to write to me directly)