Re: Exposing multiple VLANs to host

the remaining items though. How can I check and make my host VLAN aware?

if you don't know how to do that, I suppose that is the problem :-) The
operating system on that host has to know how to deal with the dot1q
encapsulation/understand VLAN's. This differs per operating system.
Don't even ask me how to do it on Windows, I remember reading that only
a part of the drivers understand it and I've never really investigated
it, since I'd use Linux or FreeBSD for any decent work on networks (even
troubleshooting).

So... check the manual or newsgroups on that OS.

Mark

  • Re: Threat - Operating System Detected
    ... > Several different techniques can be used to identify the operating system ... The specific technique used to identify the OS on this host is ... > "fingerprinting" technique, the OS version is among those listed below. ... > it, adding additional network capabilities. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: TCP error: not enough memory
    ... This is an operating system error. ... I recommend posting on operating system ... Here's the link to all newsgroups: ... Since installing McAfee Virus Scan 8.0> last week, I have been getting a "TCP error: not enough> memory" after 10-15 minutes while in Netscape Mail and/or ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: Further techie conundra (was What is Big Red Cross)
    ... & if you're wondering why I suggested using M$ VPC (Virtual ... & also, cos when I suggested that JayGee tried the VMWare Player, ... but M$ VPC only Runs on windoze, which is the (Host) OS that you have ... & he had Linux & wanted to use that as the Host Operating System. ...
    (uk.people.silversurfers)
  • Re: open and :supersede
    ... If you want to overwrite it why not use:overwrite instead of ... deletion and expunging,:new-version might be treated the same as ... So the behavior would have to be host OS dependant. ... called with:supersede can be achieved in any operating system. ...
    (comp.lang.lisp)
  • Re: why cant i read my email??
    ... Also - some ISPs restrict the capabilities of their email servers if you ... and ISP-A may not allow you to use mail.isp-a.com any more. ... > appropriate for your problem, software, and operating system. ... > The folks in those newsgroups will be able to provide you with more ...
    (microsoft.public.security)