Re: Cisco VWIC2-1MFT-T1/E1 vs. WIC-1DSU-T1-V2 in Mitel environment?
- From: Doug McIntyre <merlyn@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: 13 May 2008 19:38:27 GMT
"Brian" <reaper@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
I'm working on a project for a client, to connect Main Office to Branch
Office via T1 line(s). Currently they have old Cisco routers on a T1
carrying data traffic, and another T1 carrying voice traffic for between
Mitel 3300 units at both Main Office and Branch Office. The project is to
update routers, and increase bandwidth.
The Mitel units are running a proprietary protocol currently to communicate,
and come with an (expensive) option to upgrade this protocol license to IP.
The idea would to tag the voice traffic (for only six Branch Office phones)
for QoS, leaving the remaining capacity for data.
To accomplish this, we would propose WIC-1DSU-T1-V2 cards on the interfaces
between Main Office and Branch Office, and the native capabilities of the
Cisco 2800 series routers. However, Cisco pre-sale support got me thinking
when they suggested a VWIC2-1MFT-T1/E1 could be useful in this situation.
What sort of capabilities would this VWIC card give me in this situation?
Could we somehow avoid the expensive Mitel IP upgrades, and run both
proprietary Mitel communication and data traffic over the same T1? Thanks
I haven't used them, but how about Circuit Emulation over IP cards
- Prev by Date: Re: cisco340 reset to factory defaults
- Next by Date: Re: cisco firmware images will not write to floppy
- Previous by thread: Cisco VWIC2-1MFT-T1/E1 vs. WIC-1DSU-T1-V2 in Mitel environment?
- Next by thread: we buy /sell/rent/repair used cisco