Switch or Router for routing betwean VLANS with 500 computers

Hi.
We have a situation where we have around 500 computers and servers that
will be separated in to several (5-6) VLANS (currently they are all in
the same network.
The servers will be in a separate VLAN and a lot of traffic will go
there. There won't be much traffic betwean the other VLANs.

What would you sugest as a device that would route betwean the VLANS?
The users are connected through Linksys Gigabit swithches, and I thought
about using a Layer 3 switch to do the inter VLAN routing.
In perticular I thought about using WS-C3750G-24TS-1U with an IP Base
image (IP base supports static routes and RIP).

Will this be a good solution? Is a C3750 enough for this or do I need a
C3750E?

  • Re: Switch or Router for routing betwean VLANS with 500 computers
    ... | The servers will be in a separate VLAN and a lot of traffic will go ... There won't be much traffic betwean the other VLANs. ... | What would you sugest as a device that would route betwean the VLANS? ...
    (comp.dcom.sys.cisco)
  • [fw-wiz] Re: firewall-wizards digest, Vol 1 #1229 - 18 msgs
    ... >>onto their own switches does not scale. ... >>There are economies of scale in having bigger switches with more vlans, ... I, personally, am a very big fan of separate physical switches per ... Security is always a business decision, ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)
  • Re: [fw-wiz] Re: firewall-wizards digest, Vol 1 #1229 - 18 msgs
    ... > I, personally, am a very big fan of separate physical switches per ... > have separate VLANs administered by different sysadms?). ... more networks doesn't mean you need to buy more switches. ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)
  • Re: VLANS and subnetting
    ... thats why i want to create Seperate VLANS, so that I could isolate the ... So if I were to use multiple VLANS, ... keep the individual PCs on separate IP subnets. ...
    (comp.dcom.lans.ethernet)
  • Re: number of ethernet adapters in a cluster
    ... >>By separating the protocols into different VLANS, ... And it also requires either a separate physical LAN for each of the ... three interfaces which means more hub/switch port ...
    (comp.os.vms)