Re: OSFP router-id not appearing in traceroute (on 7204VXR)
- From: briggs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Date: 20 Jul 2007 07:24:01 -0500
In article <1184921367.851974.187430@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Merv <merv.hrabi@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:
ICMP or UDP it matters not - the expected behaviour is that the return
packet will have the source IP address on which the packet was
received by the device generating the return packet
With ICMP the echo reply packet will have the source IP address
that was the destination address of the echo request.
With UDP the "port unreachable" report will tend to have the source IP
address of the interface on which the UDP packet was received.
Note well the distinction here. With ICMP you get a reply. With
UDP you get a non-delivery report. The distinction is important.
Test it. I did.
- Prev by Date: Re: To VLAN or NOT!
- Next by Date: IGMP forwarding for IPTV - Multicast
- Previous by thread: Re: OSFP router-id not appearing in traceroute (on 7204VXR)
- Next by thread: Re: OSFP router-id not appearing in traceroute (on 7204VXR)