Re: SSH Question

"James" <jdball55@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:1156255230.093865.231740@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
You can only SSH to a PIX using the username "pix" and the enable
password :-) Once connected you can then use the login command and
enter your Level 15 Username / Password.

James

You can SSH, Telnet and even console using any configured username/password
if the pix setup to do it, you do not and should not rely on using default
credentials.

aaa-server LOCAL protocol local
aaa authentication ssh console LOCAL
aaa authentication enable console LOCAL
aaa authentication telnet console LOCAL
aaa authorization command LOCAL

username <blah> password <blah> priv <1-15>

  • Re: Accessing corporate servers through the web..
    ... Username and Password for unprivileged user is captured ... Denial of Service (you lose the server for a while) ... and getting console access to your server (which is actually what terminal ... PGP / XML GATEWAY APPLIANCE ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: loging users commands
    ... > Does anybody know a way to log everything a user types and sees on a ssh or ... console or via telnet. ... If you want it to work with SSH, ...
    (Focus-Linux)
  • loging users commands
    ... Does anybody know a way to log everything a user types and sees on a ssh or ... telnet "console"? ... It's not that I am trying to violate the user's privacy, ...
    (Focus-Linux)
  • Re: Console via remote bearbeiten
    ... Was kann ich nun tun um den Explorer in der Console neu zu starten? ... SSH oder Telnet. ...
    (microsoft.public.de.german.windows.server.general)
  • Re: ftp/telnet
    ... Are you able to get onto the box via any other means, via console or SSH? ... I am able to ftp and ... telnet out of the machine but not in. ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)