Remote Management of Bridged Cisco 837

Hello all,
I have a client who has a business DSL connection and has purchased a
Cisco 837 and Pix 506e firewall. Currently I'm planning to setup the
firewall to use PPPoE via the bridged 837 router. So network looks like
this :-

LAN <-> PIX <-> ADSL 837 <-> ISP

The reason why I'm using bridge mode is to allow VPN to terminate on
the Cisco PIX which requires a public IP. The client has only been
assigned 1 IP address for the ADSL connection. I understand that in
order to manage the 837 in bridged mode I need to assign an IP address
on the BVI interface on the 837. I would assume that this IP address
needs to be on the same subnet as the external interface of the PIX
firewall. If that is the case then obviously I would need to have
another public IP address in the subnet as the one already given to my
IP - is this correct? Could I not use a private IP address and assign
one to the PIX as well - not sure if that's possible. Has anyone been
involved in this type of setup? Please advise, thanks.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: [fw-wiz] Cisco 2811 vs. ASA 55xx
    ... Cisco ASA units are the replacements/upgrades for the PIX. ... "Is the lack of flexibility of the ASA justified by the higher performance? ... I'm not real sure what you're trying to do security-wise with a Cisco router that a Cisco firewall appliance cannot do. ...
  • Cisco PIX 515E vs. Fortinet Fortigate-300
    ... Firewall Evaluation ... Cisco PIX 515E vs. Fortinet Fortigate-300 ... Fortigate firewall. ...
  • Re: Dynamic firewall based on bandwidth usage ?
    ... director in the L.V.S. jargon) that sends requests to 4 web servers ... (cluster setup based on Linux Virtual Server include in redhat ... Cisco does that. ... Depending on which PIX and which version of the PIX, ...
  • Re: [fw-wiz] Pix - portmap translation creation failed
    ... Cisco Secure PIX ... Firewall Advanced 2nd ed." and found this ... of the FWSM and he claimed that it was only for management ...
  • RE: Auditing Router and Firewall - Checklist and Utils
    ... seems like I missed it and will try out PLA/FWANALOG for PIX log gathering. ... Treat input configuration as a PIX/ASA/FWSM-based Cisco firewall. ... Auditing Router and Firewall - Checklist and Utils ...