Remote Management of Bridged Cisco 837

Hello all,
I have a client who has a business DSL connection and has purchased a
Cisco 837 and Pix 506e firewall. Currently I'm planning to setup the
firewall to use PPPoE via the bridged 837 router. So network looks like
this :-

LAN <-> PIX <-> ADSL 837 <-> ISP

The reason why I'm using bridge mode is to allow VPN to terminate on
the Cisco PIX which requires a public IP. The client has only been
assigned 1 IP address for the ADSL connection. I understand that in
order to manage the 837 in bridged mode I need to assign an IP address
on the BVI interface on the 837. I would assume that this IP address
needs to be on the same subnet as the external interface of the PIX
firewall. If that is the case then obviously I would need to have
another public IP address in the subnet as the one already given to my
IP - is this correct? Could I not use a private IP address and assign
one to the PIX as well - not sure if that's possible. Has anyone been
involved in this type of setup? Please advise, thanks.

Regards,
Hugoti

  • Re: [fw-wiz] Cisco 2811 vs. ASA 55xx
    ... Cisco ASA units are the replacements/upgrades for the PIX. ... "Is the lack of flexibility of the ASA justified by the higher performance? ... I'm not real sure what you're trying to do security-wise with a Cisco router that a Cisco firewall appliance cannot do. ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)
  • Cisco PIX 515E vs. Fortinet Fortigate-300
    ... Firewall Evaluation ... Cisco PIX 515E vs. Fortinet Fortigate-300 ... Fortigate firewall. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Dynamic firewall based on bandwidth usage ?
    ... director in the L.V.S. jargon) that sends requests to 4 web servers ... (cluster setup based on Linux Virtual Server include in redhat ... Cisco does that. ... Depending on which PIX and which version of the PIX, ...
    (Focus-Linux)
  • Re: [fw-wiz] Pix - portmap translation creation failed
    ... Cisco Secure PIX ... Firewall Advanced 2nd ed." and found this ... of the FWSM and he claimed that it was only for management ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)
  • RE: Auditing Router and Firewall - Checklist and Utils
    ... seems like I missed it and will try out PLA/FWANALOG for PIX log gathering. ... Treat input configuration as a PIX/ASA/FWSM-based Cisco firewall. ... Auditing Router and Firewall - Checklist and Utils ...
    (Security-Basics)