Re: Trouble connecting to modem. Need some help.
- From: anybody43@xxxxxxxxxxx
- Date: 6 Aug 2006 14:39:38 -0700
Modem hardware state: CTS noDSR DTR RTS, Modem Configured
Cisco doc on router modem connections says this is the normal idle state.
The reason that you attempt to telnet from the router to
itself on port 2001 is failing is that the interface
220.127.116.11 is down.
I hooked my laptop into the ethernet port and was able to telnet to the
show run int se 0/0 woudl be good.
also details of the cable(s)
modemcap entry Multitech:MSC=&FS0=1&C4&D3$SB115200
no ip address
line con 0
modem autoconfigure type Multitech
transport input all
11:31:23: %TTY-3-AUTOCONFIG: TTY1: Modem auto-configuration failed
Can you shead some light on that?
Sorry not really. I just spotted the telnet thing. I have never used
a modem on a router.
I can just offer general troubshooting advice.
Remove everything you don't need from the config and
try basic stuff.
E.g. when you send the modem AT go you get OK back?
Look at the debugs described in the docs.
DEBUG has a few gotchas.
In general possible performane hit is /huge/.
Howerer that is not an issue here.
logg buff deb
logg buff 30000
If you are telnetted to the router you need
term no mon ! to turn off
In general I don't have console logging on
- Prev by Date: Re: FTP and PPTP in diferent servers behind NAT
- Next by Date: Re: Trouble connecting to modem. Need some help.
- Previous by thread: Re: Trouble connecting to modem. Need some help.
- Next by thread: Re: Trouble connecting to modem. Need some help.