Re: Cisco 837 Router

I've tried that once or twice as well!

I'll relate what I've done, maybe you can see a flaw in that and tell
me where I'm wrong? Already found the Cat 5 cable has popped out and
though I was cured!

I've done this

Erase Startup-config

Reload

and also the following

Step 1 If break is enabled, go to Step 2. If break is disabled, turn
the router off ( O ), wait 5 seconds, and turn it on ( | ) again.
Within 60 seconds, press the Break key. The terminal displays the ROM
monitor prompt. Go to Step 3.

Note Some terminal keyboards have a key labeled Break. If your
keyboard does not have a Break key, see the documentation that came
with the terminal for instructions on how to send a break.

Step 2 Press break. The terminal displays the following prompt:

rommon 2>

Step 3 Enter confreg 0x142 to reset the configuration register:

rommon 2> confreg 0x142

Step 4 Initialize the router by entering the reset command:

rommon 2> reset

The router cycles its power, and the configuration register is set to
0x142. The router uses the boot ROM system image, indicated by the
system configuration dialog:

--- System Configuration Dialog ---

Step 5 Enter no in response to the prompts until the following
message is displayed:

Press RETURN to get started!

Step 6 Press Return. The following prompt appears:

Router>

Step 7 Enter the enable command to enter enable mode. Configuration
changes can be made only in enable mode:

Router> enable

The prompt changes to the privileged EXEC prompt:

Router#

Step 8 Enter the show startup-config command to display an enable
password in the configuration file:

Router# show startup-config

and used various settings from different Cisco manual pages in an
effort to try and figure it out myself. Now I'm just at the point where
I need help, but would to know why!

Thanks

Wobble

  • Re: Cisco soho-91 router
    ... access the CLI to change the configuration, because this router was previously configured for another use and I couldnt not get into the CRWS utility in a browser. ... I wanted to reset it to default, but I managed to screw up the configuration. ... privileged exec mode (enable command), ... IOS since you don't have a support contract with Cisco. ...
    (sci.electronics.repair)
  • Re: Dump 2620 config to a 1721
    ... Configuration needs to be copied from one router to another. ... rather than a screen at a time, issue the terminal length 0 command. ... For each interface that is followed by shutdown, ...
    (comp.dcom.sys.cisco)
  • Re: Dump 2620 config to a 1721
    ... Configuration needs to be copied from one router to another. ... rather than a screen at a time, issue the terminal length 0 command. ... On the HyperTerminal menu, select Transfer> Capture Text. ...
    (comp.dcom.sys.cisco)
  • Re: Dump 2620 config to a 1721
    ... Would one router be faster than the other or would ... Configuration needs to be copied from one router to another. ... rather than a screen at a time, issue the terminal length 0 command. ... For each interface that is followed by shutdown, ...
    (comp.dcom.sys.cisco)
  • Re: Net::SSH::Perl -- can I capture the command prompt?
    ... In case of bourne/bash shell, ... check $PS1 to access the contents of the prompt. ... actual command prompt upon logging in. ... a Cisco router via a telnet or SSH shell, ...
    (comp.lang.perl.misc)