Re: copying records across a network
- From: Jay <jcarroll@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 09:29:11 -0700 (PDT)
On Sep 23, 4:50 pm, Tony Gravagno
Jay - I hope all is well.
If you're not using the data in D3, don't use D3 COPY. You said you
tried DOS command:
"copy R:\remote\*.* C:\local"
There's something wrong if that runs slower than a D3 connection. The
first time you do this Windows needs to reconnect. Network cards have
the option to disconnect from network when not used for some period of
time. There are other factors which I believe influenced your numbers
there, and I think you should approach this from a pure Windows to
Windows transfer perspective. Once you get that, then it won't matter
if the command is issued from D3, which will then be just another
user/process making a request.
I agree. The transfer rate was very fast when copying between PCs on
the local network but not across the VPN tunnel. I can only guess
that moving the data from Florida to New York via the internet had too
- Prev by Date: Re: "A" Correlative - Removing the space on multivalue break
- Next by Date: Re: copying records across a network
- Previous by thread: Re: copying records across a network
- Next by thread: Re: copying records across a network