Re: Pick R83 serial connection (newbie)

Hi All,

First and foremost I am very thankfull for the help I have received so
far and especially for Tony who is incredibly adept at handling this
situation (both from a technical and human perspective).

To answer Peter: they have no IT competent in that area. The person in
charge died 2 years ago.

As far as the machine itself, I have advised the owner not to use it
while I am gone.
I have a spare 386DX chip and will try it on or get the owner to take
the computer to a professional for some testing and cleaning.
The machine has accumulated some dust because the cover is not in
place and while this is not typically fatal, there are some downsides
that I would like to eliminate.

Hopefully by the time I get back the machine will be in good shape...

Question: I am still curious about the FTTCL command... is that a Pick
command or an executable that Accuterm installs?

Thanks all...

Raphael

PS: Kevin... thanks :-) I now fully appreciate the extent of the abyss
that lied next to my ED strokes...

  • Re: can tcl modify files writable/readable mode ?
    ... be given to the command, but it returns a group name. ... owner name, but the numerical id can be passed when setting the owner. ... command does also has limited support for setting using the symbolic ... -archive gives the value or sets or clears the archive ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)
  • Re: can tcl modify files writable/readable mode ?
    ... The command returns the owner name, but the numerical id can be passed when setting the owner. ... This command does also has limited support for setting using the symbolic ... -archive gives the value or sets or clears the archive attribute of the file. ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)
  • ezmlm response
    ... I'm working for my owner, ... Here is a list of the command addresses supported: ... The messages do not really need to be empty, ... You can start a subscription for an alternate address, ...
    (SuSE)
  • ezmlm response
    ... I'm working for my owner, ... Here is a list of the command addresses supported: ... The messages do not really need to be empty, ... You can start a subscription for an alternate address, ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: VFP9 SP2: Click command button
    ... The menu should have no knowledge at all about which object is handling its request or which method of that object is involved. ... However, you can do it but again, it's usually bad programming practice and probably makes more sense to have both the menu click and the command button access a procedure in a prg file if it's not specific to the form. ... global variables are also not great programming practice but a few are sometimes used. ...