PICK Programmer needed in Renton, WA
- From: peter.charbonnier@xxxxxxxxx
- Date: 15 Mar 2006 15:51:36 -0800
Hey folks, this is my first post to comp.databases.pick - usually I'm
lurking over on comp.lang.mumps or intersystems.public.cache...
A co-worker of mine has an opening for a PICK programmer to work on his
existing CUBS collections system. They recently upgraded this system
and its hardware in anticipation of ramping it up to a "business
critical" application and part of that is hiring a full-time programmer
to handle data extracts, automation, interfacing and the like. This
position in located in Renton, WA - local candidates will be given
preferential consideration, but if you're up for re-locating please
feel free to submit a resume.
The position is in the healthcare industry, so an understanding of
terminology and the healthcare revenue cycle are big pluses. The list
of Key Position Accountabilities is quite lengthy, but also pretty
1. Application programming in PICK basic is a core requirement.
2. Experience with data import/export from a variety of sources with
understanding of balancing these functions.
3. Healthcare experience is a nice to have and AIX experience is highly
4. Web presentation of data experience or willingness to learn.
5. Demonstrates in depth knowledge of the
interaction/integration/effect on interfaced systems and a basic
understanding of impact to/from external systems (i.e. vendors, banks,
government agencies, etc.)
6. Maintains change control, database integrity, application and client
support for databases. Responsible to maintain various applications
coordinates vendor patches, enhancements, implementations, upgrades,
and fixes for problem resolution.
7. Work with management to build automated processes, applications, and
tools to achieve increased efficiency. Programming includes PICK
automation, Access applications/tools, SQL, Excel, and Visual Basic and
others as required.
8. Automation of file transfers, monitoring, and archiving for all
systems, including but not limited to Imagenet, Medefinance, Premis,
CUB's etc. Accountability includes error checking, data integrity,
and data content validation as dictated by each systems unique
requirements. The Programmer will be responsible for recommending and
maintaining established standards according to the product assessment.
9. Develop tools to support the Quality Assurance team.
10. Code, test, document and implement Premis bridge routines. Will be
responsible for ensuring the Premis test environment parallels
11. This position will be involved in the selection, technical review,
platform evaluation, and risk assessment of new products. Included in
this process will be assessment of migration and implementation plans.
12. Develop, support and perform extensive or complex, advanced
reporting (Ex. ATB, KPI, Month
End, Quarterly Reporting).
13. Debug programs and applications.
14. Ability to use and support various communication protocols
including but not limited to SSL, TCP/IP and FTP.
15. Proven ability to communicate highly technical issues in a
non-technical manner in order to provide senior management with
sufficient knowledge to address technical and/or process challenges.
16. Constructs and executes a complete unit and integrated test plan
supporting new installations and upgrades of supported products.
17. Produce clear, concise, and meaningful project status reports for
new systems and/or applications. This would be demonstrated by:
producing relevant status reports on time and with use of standard HSWN
IS reporting mechanisms and tools.
18. Understands resources and techniques available to troubleshoot and
debug client/server and host based application issues, as demonstrated
by: developing knowledge of the variety of tools used by IS to monitor
and troubleshoot application and network issues; developing awareness
of which IS teams use which monitoring and trouble shooting skills;
coordinating the various IS teams to use appropriate tools in the
resolution of client/server and host based issues.
19. Demonstrates enhanced written communication skills by taking
initiative to create and maintain documentation and/or training
materials related to cross-functional issues.
20. Demonstrates enhanced verbal communications by effective
communication to facilitate meetings ad perform presentations to senior
regional management, vendors, staff, managers and customers.
21. Demonstrates positive interpersonal skills by using conflict
management and negotiation skills effectively.
22. Provides leadership to others as demonstrated by: mentoring other
team members in their ability to align, communicate and function
efficiently in a team environment; mentoring other team members to
develop an understanding of the roles and responsibilities of the
various IS teams.
23. Recognizes the skills of team members and soliciting their input to
assist in resolving business related issues.
24. Creates a comprehensive project charter template for proposed
projects, demonstrated by: completing a standard HSWN IS charter
template for proposed projects; completing a standard HSWN IS project
timeline template for proposed projects.
25. Orchestrates a project involving multiple departments, demonstrated
by; preparing and executing work plan involving resource responsibility
by multiple departments; identifies and negotiates for resources
outside of area of influence.
26. Orchestrates multiple teams as demonstrated by providing
coordination for resolving issues across multiple teams or departments.
27. Understands the procedures and work flow of customer user
applications that are supported as demonstrated by: timely
communication of issues related to downtimes and application problems;
facilitating resolution of problems that require multi-disciplinary
28. Is reliable in punctuality and attendance, adhering to all
HEALTHSERVICESNW policies with regard tardiness, allotted time for
breaks and meals as well as use of benefit time.
29. Comply with all applicable Federal State, and local laws,
regulations, and requirements as well as HEALTHSERVICESNW policies and
procedures of job performance.
30. Maintain confidentiality of all patient demographics, medical and
financial information at all times. Maintain confidentiality of all
company and client information. Ensure proper handling and disposal of
confidential documents and adheres to all HIPAA rules and regulations.
So if that gig in Woodinville from a few posts back doesn't work
out...won't you please consider working for HSNW? ;-)
If you are interested, please send you resume to:
or if your just looknig for more info you can email me at:
- Prev by Date: Re: Is QM a "low end" product?
- Next by Date: Re: Is QM a "low end" product?
- Previous by thread: MaVerick 0.3 Release
- Next by thread: Re: PICK Programmer needed in Renton, WA