Re: jBASE/Universe similarities differences

BUT - Universe does not compile the basic down to an exe or a dll so
the method of using the resultant code as cgi will be different - i.e.
you can run a compiled and cataloged universe basic program from the OS
by doing uvpath/bin/UVSH.exe BasicProgName but it may not work as a cgi
as there may be other parts to the app as Bruce states.

rgds
Symeon
www.a2c-ltd.com

  • Re: jBASE/Universe similarities differences
    ... the method of using the resultant code as cgi will be different - i.e. ... as there may be other parts to the app as Bruce states. ... that UniVerse doesn't compile to exe or dll. ...
    (comp.databases.pick)
  • Re: dual universe Unix systems
    ... > MIPS RISC/os and as such it is a dual universes system. ... Can I compile things in one ... > universe and expect everything to work in the other too? ... I haven't seen a dual universe system in a decade, ...
    (comp.unix.admin)
  • Re: perl scrambling
    ... I don't think you can do as much as you can for CGI. ... Someone else stated that even compiling Perl isn't enough. ... since I never had a reason or need or desire to bother. ... compile, ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Curioser and curiouser
    ... We also have these lines related to CGI processing: ... I got my java program to compile on our new ... 'codepage' at first, ... is the only way for LIBPATH to be invalid ...
    (bit.listserv.ibm-main)
  • Re: visual studio 2003 and crystal reports 8.5
    ... bigger and better idiots. ... So far, the Universe is winning. ... also use crystal reports 8.5 to write a lot of my clients reports, ... still crystal 8.5 syntax will not compile in my ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb)