Re: PCL - Right Justified, Proportional Spacing

I'm a big Einstein fan too (hence the pixel-poster on my wall....) and yes,
I did know that this is the 100th anniversary of his publication of 3 major
papers - one which laid the groundwork for relativity, one for quantum
mechanics (the Photoelectric Effect), and some minor piece of junk that has
since been forgotten, but it won him the Nobel prize because the Nobel
committee figured they had to give him something, but were too afraid to
admit that either relativity or quantum mechanics may resemble the real
world. Even Einstein himself wasn't convinced about quantum mechanics ("God
doesn't play dice with the UniVerse") (I had spell it that way to make it
look like we're still on an MV topic.....)

Dave

"Simon Verona" <news@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> Talking of Albert Einstein... This is a BIG year for all Einstein
> fans... (are there any others apart from me?)
>
> 2005 represents 100 years since the publication of the Specific Theory of
> Relativity and also 50 years since Einsteins death..
>
> For those who may be interested see http://www.einsteinyear.org
>
> Einstein is one of those people who appear once a few century... along
> with people like Galileo, Newton and Darwin... People who are just able to
> see outside of the box without trying... I just wish I had 1% of his
> ability in this regard...
>
> I wonder who may be next to achieve anything as groundbreaking as Albert..
> Will it be in my lifetime? Has he/she already done their work but has
> yet to have it recognised as such?
>
> Seriously off topic I know... but a lighter note to this thread!
>
> Regards
>
> Simon
>
> "Dave Mitchell" <mitch500@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>>I had Albert Einstein on my bedroom wall......
>>
>> "Tony Gravagno" <g6q3x9lu53001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>>> My goodness people, if this is the way we use printers, we deserve to
>>> go extinct. Get some real printing software for $29.95 and send it
>>> data - don't generate raw PCL from a DBMS - or at least don't go this
>>> far with it. I haven't seen backspacing like this since ASCII art was
>>> hot back in the 70's. Anyone else remember the wall-sized images
>>> generated on line printers or with daisy wheels? Mr Spock, Mona Lisa,
>>> USS Enterprise, Moon map...?

  • Re: Einsteins mechanics text book?
    ... > Newtonian relativity - which is perhaps only mathematically the same ... > I wonder if in 1905 Einstein knew about the concepts on which Newton ... Newton's theory of mechanics was ... the solution to integrating the Light Principle with ...
    (sci.physics.relativity)
  • EINSTEIN AFFIRMS THAT THE FOUNDATIONS OF CLASSICAL MECHANICS ARE UNSATISFACTORY
    ... IN WHAT RESPECT THE FOUNDATIONS OF CLASSICAL MECHANICS ... In page 72 of his book Relativity, ... out from the following law: ... In order to show clearly what Einstein means by this stupid question ...
    (sci.physics.relativity)
  • Re: Sagnac
    ... what about Einsten's relativity is claimed to be ... This means that only one frame at a time can adhere to ... The quantum extreme provides many useful relations that are only really ... unite the two to Einstein, although it appears that Einstein only ...
    (sci.physics.relativity)
  • Re: High-level question about the relationship relativity and quantum mechanics
    ... All theories of high energy physics are Lorentz ... That is, they conform to relativity. ... There exists no unification of quantum ... mechanics with relativity. ...
    (sci.physics.relativity)
  • About the unsatisfactory foundations of the clasical mechanics, by Einstein.
    ... IN WHAT RESPECT THE FOUNDATIONS OF CLASSICAL MECHANICS ... In page 72 Einstein writes about the unsatisfactory foundations of the ... classical mechanics and of the special theory of the relativity the ... start out from the following law: ...
    (sci.physics.relativity)