BULK Processing Process "Expires" without completing

Oracle 10.2.0.3.0
Windows Server 2003
Enterprise Edition

I have a process where I have a cursor which returns approximately 36
million rows which I have to check against certain criteria to load into 25
possible tables (so far).

I'm doing bulk reads (limit of 50000 and 25000 have both been used) and
FORALL inserts. I've experienced this problem with both limits - a limit of
25,000 seems to take a bit longer to complete (when it does) than 50,000 but
they both have had problems with the process disappearing.

After the bulk inserts I have 25 lines similary to: nested_table_name.DELETE
to free up the memory before the it loops through and retrieves the next
25,000 or 50,000 rows.

It seems that whenever my process gets to where it has processed about 30
million rows it just stops processing.

I'm going to have more tables to load - I don't want to do what the current
process does (which takes over a day to run) and read the source table over
and over again for each table to load when I can read once write many times
much quicker.

Is it possible that somehow I'm running out of memory and not completely
releasing the memory with the "nested_table_name.DELETE"s I'm doing?

I know this may be construed as possible double posting since this ties in
with my other post about processes expiring but I'm wondering if there is
anything I can do in my package to reduce memory usage.

I should also point out that up to now nobody has tried to write packages
against this database and I'm not completely sure the database is configured
for using packages. There are other people who are writing PL/SQL code
instead of just SQL scripts who are experiencing the same disappearing
processes as I am.

Any help would be appreciated.

.