diskgroup calculations

Hi

I am using this query to display the size of the diskgroups in Oracle
and manually adding the figures up to get the total size of the
diskgroup.

select b.instance_name, a.LABEL,a.NAME,a.TOTAL_MB,a.GROUP_NUMBER from v
$asm_disk a, v$asm_client b where a.group_number = b.group_number;

The question I have is:

1. Is there a better way to work out the calculations of total
diskgroup size?

2. The above query only works if the diskgroup is managed by ASM. What
would I be doing if there is no ASM? What would I have to change in
the query above?

Thank you.

  • Re: Removing a diskgroup from a corrupt ASM database
    ... diskgroup. ... I'd even drop the entire ASM database but I cannot delete it via ... Look at the oracle doc ... ...
    (comp.databases.oracle.server)
  • Re: diskgroup calculations
    ... I am using this query to display the size of the diskgroups in Oracle ... diskgroup size? ... The above query only works if the diskgroup is managed by ASM. ...
    (comp.databases.oracle.misc)
  • Re: diskgroup calculations
    ... diskgroup size? ... would I be doing if there is no ASM? ... Do you mean a disk that is a candidate device, ... Using the query that I had above would give me the ...
    (comp.databases.oracle.server)
  • diskgroup calculations
    ... I am using this query to display the size of the diskgroups in Oracle ... diskgroup size? ... The above query only works if the diskgroup is managed by ASM. ...
    (comp.databases.oracle.server)
  • Re: diskgroup calculations
    ... I am using this query to display the size of the diskgroups in Oracle ... diskgroup size? ... The above query only works if the diskgroup is managed by ASM. ... Do you mean a disk that is a candidate device, ...
    (comp.databases.oracle.server)