Re: Stupid timing question

SQL Server uses the OS date/time functions. Here is link to MS and what
products will need to be updated or patched.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/timezone/dst2007.mspx

blueghost73@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hopefully, this is an easy. Does SQL Server use the Windows system date
and time? Or does it keep track of what day/time it is on its own?

We were just discussing this in the office today, because we're
planning for the changes in Daylight Savings Time in the United States
this year. It's going to start a month earlier and end a month later
than it used to. Microsoft is apparently putting out patches for
Windows so the OS will know to adjust the time by an hour on the right
days, and we're trying to determine if our SQL and Oracle databases are
going to be affected at all.

--Richard

.