- From: "Jchick" <jchickering@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: 7 Apr 2006 17:04:44 -0700
This outta be an easy one for someone. I have the following code in my
trigger. I am trying to connect to a DSN that is pointing to an Access
database (.mdb). However, I am not sure how to actually write the
Select From statement (see "A DSN I MADE" in the code below).
Any hints as to how I reference a DSN in the select statement?
Thanks in advance
============start of trigger===========
CREATE TRIGGER [Populate Customer Name] ON [dbo].[Invoices]
FOR INSERT, UPDATE
DECLARE @InvoiceNo VARCHAR(20)
DECLARE @VendorName VARCHAR(50)
SELECT @InvoiceNo = (select InvoiceNo from inserted)
SELECT @VendorName = (select VendorName from "A DSN I MADE" where
InvoiceNo = @InvoiceNo)
set VendorName = @VendorName
where F_DocumentID = (select F_DocumentID from inserted)
- Prev by Date: Re: The database name component of the object qualifier must be the name of the current database
- Next by Date: Re: Maximum number of records per second that can be inserted into SQLServer 2000.
- Previous by thread: Full-text Search applied on a View
- Next by thread: Re: Trigger Question