Re: Are Macros Evil?

"Larry Linson" <bouncer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

How about a Private Profile .INI? I always found them relatively easy to
use, and human readable, which was never a problem in my uses. The Registry
is just a little more complex to traverse but stores everything, including
the kitchen sink.

As have I. Especially for my Auto FE Updater. But then that's on a network share
so that makes a lot of sense.

I always store the location of the BE MDB in an INI file in the same folder as the FE
MDB/MDE. But your comment got me to thinking. I've never, ever had to have a user
look at that INI file. So that would be suitable for putting in the registry.

Tony
--
Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP
read the entire thread of messages.