Re: Are Macros Evil?

"Larry Linson" <bouncer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

How about a Private Profile .INI? I always found them relatively easy to
use, and human readable, which was never a problem in my uses. The Registry
is just a little more complex to traverse but stores everything, including
the kitchen sink.

As have I. Especially for my Auto FE Updater. But then that's on a network share
so that makes a lot of sense.

I always store the location of the BE MDB in an INI file in the same folder as the FE
MDB/MDE. But your comment got me to thinking. I've never, ever had to have a user
look at that INI file. So that would be suitable for putting in the registry.

Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP
read the entire thread of messages.
Tony's Microsoft Access Blog -