Re: Are Macros Evil?

"Larry Linson" <bouncer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

How about a Private Profile .INI? I always found them relatively easy to
use, and human readable, which was never a problem in my uses. The Registry
is just a little more complex to traverse but stores everything, including
the kitchen sink.

As have I. Especially for my Auto FE Updater. But then that's on a network share
so that makes a lot of sense.

I always store the location of the BE MDB in an INI file in the same folder as the FE
MDB/MDE. But your comment got me to thinking. I've never, ever had to have a user
look at that INI file. So that would be suitable for putting in the registry.

Tony
--
Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP
read the entire thread of messages.

  • Re: Undefined Function "Dir"
    ... Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP ... > it says Access 2000 but if I load Access without an mdb loaded, ... > I take your point about getting the network people to change the registry ...
    (microsoft.public.access.queries)
  • RE: Problems authenticating server for SSLStream negotiation
    ... A utility loads the PFX file, which includes the private key, then stores that in the registry. ... The PFX was built at the server by importing our certificate, and then exporting to PFX, supplying the password, choosing to include the private key, and to NOT delete the key after export. ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.security)
  • Re: No License
    ... Microsoft Access is not properly registered on your computer. ... You can run the Microsoft Access Setup program using a command line switch ... to reset your computer's Registry. ... In Windows 95 and Windows NT 4.0, click the Start button, then click ...
  • Re: NeedhHelp with fax wizard
    ... but the Fax module is the updated version of Win XP Fax and I see nothing there that stores the number of the last recipient. ... It doesn't store every person you fax to in the registry, ... hoping there is a registry key that would turn this feature back on. ... This is entered manually into the fax wizard pages. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax)
  • Re: Undefined Function "Dir"
    ... You may need to get your IT people in to change the registry setting for ... > Microsoft Access 10.0 Object Library ... >> I'm wondering if it could also be the Sandbox mode, ... rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. ...
    (microsoft.public.access.queries)