Help with If Then statement

Hi all,

I have an if then statement coded as an after update event procedure on
a data entry form. It works perfectly on an Access 2000 database, but
when I try the same query on an Access 2002 database I get a "variable
not found" message. I have verified that the field names are correct
but I still cannot get it to work.

The query is as follows:.

If [MaritalStatus] = "Married-Living Together" Then
[SpouseName] = IsNotNull
Else
[SpouseName] = Null
End If

Is there something I am missing, or something that changed between the
two versions of Access?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Bonnie
beconrad@xxxxxxxxx

  • database redesign
    ... data entry form look as close to old as possible. ... with cut positions and a query based on new table,pattern ... Could someone suggest a good demo database close to ... postname: post1 ...
  • Re: Query not showing a record, but the table is
    ... The SQL for the Search query is a doozy because it's set up for the ... "Susan L" wrote: ... I have a Query By Form set up to search a database of contacts. ... The same thing is true of the Data Entry form. ...
    (microsoft.public.access.queries)
  • Too many fields defined in select query
    ... I should add that - believe it or not - the database is normalized. ... I'm trying to create the data entry form (lots of tabs as you can ... imagine) and attempting to make the record source a select query which ... error" when I run the query. ...
    (microsoft.public.access.queries)
  • Re: DBMS and lisp, etc.
    ... Naively implemented with SQL, again for 10 ... (1 query for the initial orders, 1 query for each order for its ... soon as you upgrade to the SQL database. ... (eq (order-customer orderA) ...
    (comp.lang.lisp)
  • Re: OT: SQL
    ... query processing. ... FROM Employees e, Employees m, Management mgt ... Manager and Employee Salaries. ... The scheme used does not model database files in general, ...
    (sci.logic)