Unable to Delete a Record

I have a command button on a form that is supposed to Delete the record
being displayed. The record is displayed one to a form. The form is
not a Pop-Up nor is it Modal. Tracing the btnDelete event routine shows
that AllowDeletions is TRUE.

When the Delete button is clicked (without TRACE ON), I get a 'beep',
the recordselector (vertical bar on left of form) gets dark in color,
but the record is not deleted. Also, there is no error message that
pops up.

HOWEVER, when I trace the routine ...

Private Sub btnDelete_Click()
On Error GoTo Err_btnDelete_Click

DoCmd.DoMenuItem acFormBar, acEditMenu, 8, , acMenuVer70
DoCmd.DoMenuItem acFormBar, acEditMenu, 6, , acMenuVer70

Exit_btnDelete_Click:
Exit Sub

Err_btnDelete_Click:
Call ShowError("frmPeople", "btnDelete_Click", Err.Number,
Err.Description)
Resume Exit_btnDelete_Click

End Sub

When the first DoCmd is executed I get an error that displays from the
error displaying routine ShowError. The error says:

"The command or action 'Select Record' isn't available now"

I've looked around in the database options to see if I have something
set somewhere to prevent Deletions. I can't find anything.

This error happens for two tables using different forms, but the same
logic structure (delete command button with the same DoCmd
instructions).

HELP. I thought that I was so close to finishing this project. Now I'm
stumped again.

Thanks.

Regards,
SueB