Re: Access12

ACCDB is the new format being promulgated in Clint Covington's presentation
at the PDC 2005.

The PowerPoint filename that is available for download is
OFF307_Covington.ppt, sorry do not have the link.

The text of the "offending" slides are as follows:

Access Data Engine - ACE

Engine based on Jet code-base and installed with Office, 100% backwards
compatible with Jet

Connects to external data sources

Foundation for richer support of complex data

Multi-choice combo box (M-M joins)

Attachments

Append only

Read and write Excel "12" file formats

SharePoint ISAM enhancements

OM changes to DAO and ACE OLEDB provider (ADO)

New ACCDB file format

Can be emailed and stored in SharePoint document libraries

Default for all new database

Supports complex data features

Multiple value lookups

Attachments

Append only

SharePoint list offline

Office file encryption not Jet encoding

New Template File Format

ACCDT is based on the Open Packaging Conventions file format

XML describes the manifest and database properties, table schema, sample
data

Text files describe queries, forms, reports

Getting started shows all ACCDT files in the Office\Templates\[lcid]\Access
directory

Customize, deploy via SMS to different groups

SDK for developing templates

--
Slainte

Craig Alexander Morrison
Crawbridge Data (Scotland) Limited

"David W. Fenton" <dXXXfenton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> "Peter" <rusty@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in
>
>> "David W. Fenton" <dXXXfenton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>>> "Pete" <me@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in

>>> What's the basis for this information?
>>
>> Agenda for UK Access User Group meeting
>
> Is someone from MS going to be speaking on this subject? If so, I
> think we'd all appreciate a report on the meeting.
>
> --
> David W. Fenton http://www.bway.net/~dfenton
> dfenton at bway dot net http://www.bway.net/~dfassoc

  • A first look at OpenOffice.org 2.0
    ... users on any operating system supported by the OpenOffice.org office suite. ... For those who wish to distribute documents in a non-editable format, ... OpenDocument file format as it's default. ... The OpenDocument format has been recognised as an open standard by the ...
    (comp.os.linux.announce)
  • Re: Office 2008 on SL
    ... The issue is if MS products output open format. ... "Office Open XML is an ... ISO/IEC standardized ZIP-based file format originally developed by ... No MS file format is yet ISO or IEC certified. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)
  • Re: What format should I convert my video to for long-term storage?
    ... I appreciate the responses but my question wasn't about the media but what FILE FORMAT I should use for long-term storage. ... Digital tape storage can be made to incorporate a number of tricks ...
    (rec.video.desktop)
  • Re: Save As Picture File Formats
    ... > any advice on choosing the correct file format for various needs. ... > try to Save As a WMF, and inserted the .wmf file into a Word ... WMF is the Windows MetaFile format. ...
    (microsoft.public.publisher)
  • Re: Access 2007
    ... Is it true MS dropped the security for the new format? ... there's no user-level security if you use the new accdb ...
    (microsoft.public.access.security)