Failure with DECRYPT_CHAR

Version 11.50.FC7, HP-UX 11.31 ia64

I have run into a strange problem. I have two databases in the same
instance. I encrypt a column with ENCRYPT_AES in one of these and
decrypt it using DECRYPT_CHAR, no problem at all.

In the exact same table in the other database I do the ENCRYPT_AES,
this works OK, but when I try to decrypt I get

-26012 The internal base64 decoding function failed.

The internal crypto library base64 decoding API failed.
it may be caused by a corrupted data.

I have so far failed to understand this, I use the same SP to do the
encryption and the same to do the decryption, any idea to why I get
this error in the second database. The data that I encrypt is the

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Which is more secure RC2 or RC4 ?
    ... same database temporarily, until the order is approved manually and the ... obviously there are a LOT of security related issues that arise ... itself in order to decrypt the information, ... meaning if I encrypt the information using AES and a password driven ...
  • Re: access back end needs to be secure
    ... I would want to encrypt every column of every table... ... optimization that the database does "behind the scenes". ... If yes, then, the "decrypt ...
  • Re: Decrypt
    ... you don't need to decrypt a password to validate it. ... > MD5 is a hashing algorighm. ... This is a one-way encrypt. ... > password to the one stored in the database. ...
  • Re: Encrypting Data...
    ... > I know that MySQL has an AES encrypt function, ... * Store the keyin the database. ... choose new keys, reencrypt all the data, distribute the new keys ... ... use his password to decrypt the keys and then decrypt ...
  • Safest way to store an encryption key?
    ... My ASP.NET application needs to encrypt a small amount of information before ... look" into the database tables and see the confidential information. ... to decrypt the data. ... I am currently thinking to use the private key of a certificate issued to ...