Failure with DECRYPT_CHAR

Version 11.50.FC7, HP-UX 11.31 ia64

I have run into a strange problem. I have two databases in the same
instance. I encrypt a column with ENCRYPT_AES in one of these and
decrypt it using DECRYPT_CHAR, no problem at all.

In the exact same table in the other database I do the ENCRYPT_AES,
this works OK, but when I try to decrypt I get

-26012 The internal base64 decoding function failed.

The internal crypto library base64 decoding API failed.
it may be caused by a corrupted data.

I have so far failed to understand this, I use the same SP to do the
encryption and the same to do the decryption, any idea to why I get
this error in the second database. The data that I encrypt is the
same.

Ulf

  • Re: Which is more secure RC2 or RC4 ?
    ... same database temporarily, until the order is approved manually and the ... obviously there are a LOT of security related issues that arise ... itself in order to decrypt the information, ... meaning if I encrypt the information using AES and a password driven ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: access back end needs to be secure
    ... I would want to encrypt every column of every table... ... optimization that the database does "behind the scenes". ... If yes, then, the "decrypt ...
    (microsoft.public.access.security)
  • Re: Decrypt
    ... you don't need to decrypt a password to validate it. ... > MD5 is a hashing algorighm. ... This is a one-way encrypt. ... > password to the one stored in the database. ...
  • Re: Encrypting Data...
    ... > I know that MySQL has an AES encrypt function, ... * Store the keyin the database. ... choose new keys, reencrypt all the data, distribute the new keys ... ... use his password to decrypt the keys and then decrypt ...
    (perl.dbi.users)
  • Safest way to store an encryption key?
    ... My ASP.NET application needs to encrypt a small amount of information before ... look" into the database tables and see the confidential information. ... to decrypt the data. ... I am currently thinking to use the private key of a certificate issued to ...