Re: bulk upload from text or csv file
- From: "Bill Bach" <goldstar@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2005 15:42:35 -0500
> We use ASCII flat files, with comma delimited.
> Files are downloade from a AS/400 system, and uploaded with FTP to our
> We are using Pervasive PSQL2000i.
> Daily we receive +/- 50000 records that we need to upload in our
> Existing records must be overwritten (or first deleted).
You had me right up to the last line item. If existing records must be
cleaned out, then the "standard" Pervasive tools would not really apply.
I would, instead, strongly recommend the use of Pervasive's Integration
product line. While there are a couple of different pricing options
(depending on your other needs), the Business Integrator might be the
best all-around solution, as it includes thge ability to automatically
process the files as they get dumped into the FTP site and clean them
up after the fact. With this, you would have a fully-automated
Let me know directly via Email if I can get your more information on
exact pricing options. You can find lots of product information from
Pervasive's website at www.pervasive.com.
BTW, the Integration products may be able to interface directly with
the AS/400 data, if that makes sense and saves some steps...
Goldstar Software Inc.
Building on Btrieve(R) for the Future(SM)
*** Chicago: Pervasive.SQL Service & Support - November, 2005 ***
*** Chicago: Pervasive DataExchange Class - November, 2005 ***
- Prev by Date: Re: PSQL 200i and Win2003?
- Next by Date: Re: "Invalid cursor state" when running DELETE as last statement of stored procedure
- Previous by thread: Re: bulk upload from text or csv file
- Next by thread: Re: DBA 2004.1, Pervasive.SQL V8, and Crystal Reports V7 problems?