IJG source code compilation?

Hello,
I have a query regarding compiling the JPEG source code obtained
from Independent JPEG Groups (IJG) website.
I tried to compile the source files by creating a MSVC project, but i
am getting lot of linker errors. I included all header files and all C
files.Then kept removing C files from the project to remove the
compiler errors till they were all removed.
But here are the linker errors i am getting:
error LNK2005: _jpeg_get_small already defined in jmemansi.obj
jmemnobs.obj : error LNK2005: _jpeg_free_small already defined in
jmemansi.obj
jmemnobs.obj : error LNK2005: _jpeg_get_large already defined in
jmemansi.obj
jmemnobs.obj : error LNK2005: _jpeg_free_large already defined in
jmemansi.obj
jmemnobs.obj : error LNK2005: _jpeg_mem_available already defined in
jmemansi.obj
jmemnobs.obj : error LNK2005: _jpeg_open_backing_store already defined
in jmemansi.obj
jmemnobs.obj : error LNK2005: _jpeg_mem_init already defined in
jmemansi.obj
jmemnobs.obj : error LNK2005: _jpeg_mem_term already defined in
jmemansi.obj
ansi2knr.obj : error LNK2005: _main already defined in cjpeg.obj
jpegtran.obj : error LNK2005: _main already defined in cjpeg.obj
jmemname.obj : error LNK2005: _jpeg_get_small already defined in
jmemansi.obj
jmemname.obj : error LNK2005: _jpeg_free_small already defined in
jmemansi.obj
jmemname.obj : error LNK2005: _jpeg_get_large already defined in
jmemansi.obj
jmemname.obj : error LNK2005: _jpeg_free_large already defined in
jmemansi.obj
jmemname.obj : error LNK2005: _jpeg_mem_available already defined in
jmemansi.obj
jmemname.obj : error LNK2005: _jpeg_open_backing_store already defined
in jmemansi.obj
jmemname.obj : error LNK2005: _jpeg_mem_init already defined in
jmemansi.obj
jmemname.obj : error LNK2005: _jpeg_mem_term already defined in
jmemansi.obj
djpeg.obj : error LNK2005: _main already defined in cjpeg.obj
rdjpgcom.obj : error LNK2005: _main already defined in cjpeg.obj
wrjpgcom.obj : error LNK2005: _main already defined in cjpeg.obj
example.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _image_buffer
example.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _image_height
example.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _image_width
example.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
_put_scanline_someplace
jcdctmgr.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
_jpeg_fdct_ifast
jcdctmgr.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
_jpeg_fdct_islow
jddctmgr.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
_jpeg_idct_ifast
jddctmgr.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
_jpeg_idct_islow
jddctmgr.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
_jpeg_idct_4x4
jddctmgr.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
_jpeg_idct_2x2
jddctmgr.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
_jpeg_idct_1x1
Debug/ijg.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 11 unresolved externals

can anyone pls. point me as how to create a executable encoder and
decoder application from this IJG source files for windows
environment.

Thank you.
=AD

  • Re: Problem with FATFS
    ... Are you absolutely sure you did not change any of the source files of fatutil by accident? ... fatutil.exp: error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol DefragVolumeEx ... fatutil.exp: error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol ScanVolume ...
  • Re: Missing Lib Files
    ... compiling a subproject, smart device application, or OS image? ... Looks like you're missing references to coredll, ... unresolved external symbol DisableThreadLibraryCalls ...
  • Cant resolve __GSHandlerCheck
    ... I'm compiling with "Platform SDK for Windows Server 2003 R2" and I'm linking to a library that someone else (Brian Gladman) built using VC 8, ... And I keep getting this one unresolved external symbol: ... Does anyone know how I might resolve this symbol? ...
    (microsoft.public.vstudio.general)
  • Compilation Problems in Win98
    ... I am having considerable difficulty in compiling and linking tk on ... Bad command or file name ... *** Linker has 'Win98 alignment problem' ... winMain.obj: error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)
  • Frustrating LNK2001 issue with VC++ 6.0
    ... error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __ftol2 ... external symbol, it simply means that I'm missing a .lib from my ... I tried compiling this ... both with and without default libraries with the same result. ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vc)