Re: Representing Closures in C

Hans Aberg wrote:
However an elegant method, I am told that it hard to use in debugging,
as it is difficult for humans to interpret. So in actual functional
language implementations, it has not been used so much.

This is really no different than the problem of tracking source level
variables in the optimized assembly. A tedious task for humans, but
that's what compilers use symbol debugging entries (eg. DWARF2) for.

If it sees little application in practice it may have more to do with
the fact that it's still only a step on the road to an efficient
implementation.

Tommy

  • Re: The Illusion of Learning from Observational Data
    ... chances the conclusions will be wrong for any number of reasons. ... Real scientists realize the data can be ... of which takes a direct involvement by humans to gather and interpret. ...
    (talk.origins)
  • =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Re:_Abdul-Bah=E1_and_evolution?=
    ... :-) Anyway I am not going to interpret them for anyone. ... about since the translation cannot be authenticated - we just don't know ... >> found to show primate lines splitting and changing into humans ... > that humans actually descended from the same species as modern apes. ...
    (soc.religion.bahai)
  • Re: Cohens paper on byte order
    ... >> look at it a binary number, wouldn't we humans ... >> decimal digits) interpret it differently than the ... The FIPS does this by ... I don't know) a patent issue involved. ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: Universal grammar
    ... Hans Aberg wrote: ... derive grammar from examples. ... I think one point is that humans learn not only by examples, ... have wider range of understanding abstractions, from details, up to rules, ...
    (sci.lang)
  • Re: A Very Boring Plot
    ... Oh, they're not only uninteresting ordinary bad humans, they're ... you can interpret what you like. ... to the hapless children for no reason at all. ... And who cares what humans think, ...
    (rec.arts.sf.composition)