Re: SWx Why do Point clouds disappear?
- From: "Tank 'm o'Niel" <tanky@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2008 18:19:40 -0500
Perfect thank you mate!
I need to read up on the 3 GB switch part though...thanks for the tip
"Jerry Steiger" <jerrys@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
"Tank 'm o'Niel" <tanky@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Solidworks 2008 with a decent enough system and headroom. Over time of
loading and working with parts, assemblies, etc. the main assembly
consisting of three somewhat large point clouds decides to not show the
clouds. I have to reboot for them to re-appear. Any ideas or work
I'm not running 2008 and don't use point clouds, but it sounds like you
are running into memory problems. How much RAM do you have? You might need
some more if you have less than 4 GB. You also might need to set the 3 GB
switch. Still, with all the above, you might have to reboot periodically
to keep SW from getting its knickers in a twist.
Also - since I save the assembly it also saves the part cloud files and
then they get corrupted if they are not visible on the screen. Is there
a way to make the parts read only and have SWx not give you a nag screen
about them each time you then try to save the entire assembly?
I'm not sure about 2008, but in 2007, go to Tools/Options/System
Options/External References and checck "Don't prompt to save read-only
referenced documents (discard changes)".
- Prev by Date: Re: How many here have gotten quotes for parts online using sldprt / slddrw files?
- Next by Date: Re: Thread not showing in assembly drawing
- Previous by thread: Re: SWx Why do Point clouds disappear?
- Next by thread: Re: SWx Why do Point clouds disappear?