Re: OT - Rapid Prototype Bureau recommendation - Los Angeles Area
- From: jjs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Date: Tue, 08 May 2007 18:43:20 GMT
On 8 May 2007 11:02:59 -0700, Bo <bo@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On May 8, 10:39 am, j...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Can anyone recommend a Rapid prototype bureau in the LA area.
I have a client who needs some parts ASAP - they are SLA parts , but
one component needs to be hand finished and spray painted white to a
high standard for a show, so the bureau needs in house finishing.
I have had a set built here and its all OK - just quicker to get them
built there plus pay in dollars ;-)
Jonathan, I've used Scicon Tech for over 5 years, and they have a
variety of processes and material grades to choose from, and you would
need to get them the complete specs, but I'll bet they can do the
finishing to your specs.
Normal time for me to get "unfinished" small STL RP parts is several
days, but cleaned up surfaces with paint would require a bit longer,
Thanks for the personal recommendation - Looks like they can easily do
the job and from Google Maps - not too far from my client .
If you have been using them for so long they must be more than a
website and an old clapped out SLA machine which is unfortunately what
some so called bureaus are - Thanks again
- Prev by Date: Re: OT - Rapid Prototype Bureau recommendation - Los Angeles Area
- Next by Date: Re: OT - Rapid Prototype Bureau recommendation - Los Angeles Area
- Previous by thread: Re: OT - Rapid Prototype Bureau recommendation - Los Angeles Area
- Next by thread: Re: OT - Rapid Prototype Bureau recommendation - Los Angeles Area