Re: 2005 SP3.1 faster than 2004 SP5...Hooked
- From: Markku Lehtola <ml@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2005 09:43:38 +0000 (UTC)
On 2005-07-07, Wigg <Will.Astill@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Just out of interest,
> Has anyone tried installing everything on their machine and then
> creating a 'Ghost' of this, storing it somewhere and then periodically
> doing a flat re-install from this Ghost?
Yes, it takes about 15 minutes to get a fresh Windows 2k instead of
installing everything again and using atleast 2 evenings to get all the
settings right. I have done this for Windows + basic softwares that I
use but not with SW installed, but there is no reason why it should be
excluded from the image. There are several softwares for this.
Anyway, the reason why I don't have image
available for my pc right now is that, in any case, after 6 months you
have to update Windows/antivirus/different kind of utilities/SW and
you don't want to use software A from the image anymore but you want to
replace it with software B and so on. So it's pretty hard to deside what
you want to put into the image. And then you have to plan how to handle
emails etc...so after all, maybe you don't save time that much with 6
months period...maybe it should/could be shorter.
- Prev by Date: Re: 2005 SP3.1 faster than 2004 SP5...Hooked
- Next by Date: SolidWork's Manual?... help.
- Previous by thread: Re: 2005 SP3.1 faster than 2004 SP5...Hooked
- Next by thread: Re: 2005 SP3.1 faster than 2004 SP5...Hooked