velocity: multiple identical partitions

Hi all,

I'm building a design with several instances of a rather complex block.
I'd like to synthesize this block only once and re-use it afterwards, if
possible with identical layout.
I could probably go and make a DEF out of the block, but as I understand,
timing information from within the block would be lost in this step.

So I'm looking instead to make the block a partition, and place this
partition several times. So far I didn't manage to do this. I've searched
the web and found, that the concept seems to be calles "clones", but no
futher information how to do it precisely.

Has somebody done this before and can post a sequence of commands to run?

Thanks,
Dennis

  • Re: Boot from USB key and Windows PE
    ... You can use winrar or any other archiver that supports ntfs file security. ... I personally would use winhex and copy the block manually (logical sector 0, ... If the stick is larger than the image you can use 'disk management' to add another partition for the unallocated space afterwards. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.embedded)
  • Re: partitions in Windows XP
    ... before deleting the partition? ... afterwards. ... To move an application, uninstall it from its current location, and then reinstalled, using the original installation media, to the new location. ...
  • Re: installing Fedora 11 on dual-boot machine changes active partition?
    ... Can anyone on a dual-boot Windows/Linux box with Grub on the MBR and the ... Windows partition active, who's about to clean-install F11, check ... afterwards if the active partition has changed? ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Install Ubuntu on existing RAID1 LVM partition?
    ... Did you try to re-use the root partition from the CentOS installation without ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Uninstalling Suse 9.2
    ... > main partition and don't want any trace of it afterwards - including the ... > boot loader. ... Linux to remove the Linux partitions first. ... But if you are performing a clean install of Win98 afterwards, ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)