Re: AutoCad -

Use Paul Turvill's lisp routine, TLEN.LSP iI think it's called.

I't on his site: www.turvill.com

http://www.turvill.com/t2/free_stuff/tlen.lsp is what you want.
--

MichaelB
www.michaelbulatovich.ca

"BlueBateman" <angus.bateman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> Hi, My drawing containing multiple lines (10,000+) on a single layer
> that I need to calculate the collective length of.
>
> I appreciate that AutoCad itself won't be able to do this, but if I
> could get the data into a text file or even better Excel I could then
> manually (using macros) add the line lengths up. AutoCad must contain
> the data I need as the 'List' command displays sufficient data and
> more. Whilst I could cut&paste this data into Excel and sort it out
> there, the text field is overloaded and I loose the info I need.
>
> Therefore is there a way of?
> 1) Exporting the results of a list file directly into a .txt document.
> 2) Tailoring the output of the 'List' command to only include Lengths.
> 3) Obtaining the required data using other means.

  • AutoCad -
    ... I appreciate that AutoCad itself won't be able to do this, ... Whilst I could cut&paste this data into Excel and sort it out ... Tailoring the output of the 'List' command to only include Lengths. ...
    (comp.cad.autocad)
  • AutoCad -
    ... I appreciate that AutoCad itself won't be able to do this, ... Whilst I could cut&paste this data into Excel and sort it out ... Tailoring the output of the 'List' command to only include Lengths. ...
    (comp.cad.autocad)
  • Re: Command Button Color Palette
    ... How do I find the color index value (i.e. for the "gold" color square ... BackColor property and select the Palette tab. ... When I go into the properties for the Command Button while in design mode, ... Excel shows a similar color palette, but not with the exact same colors as ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.programming)
  • Re: Add-In Excel Locked Up
    ... Note that Excel 2007 does not have a menubar or toolbars. ... command. ... Dim Ms As CommandBarControl ... Dim CoreCons As CommandBarButton ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.programming)
  • RE: Prevent Printing in Print Preview?
    ... *Go to the Visual Basic Editor (from Excel, ... *In the Project Explorer, expand the "tree" for the VBA project that you ... The command button has code that gives the ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.programming)