Xilinx ISE Multiple Drivers Error
- From: Christopher Head <chead@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 16 May 2012 23:15:34 -0700
I seem to have convinced ISE to output incorrect multiple-driver error
messages. I've reduced the example to the following:
entity Test is
Clock : in std_ulogic;
Foo : out std_ulogic;
Bar : out std_ulogic);
end entity Test;
architecture Arch of Test is
Foo <= '1';
Bar <= '1';
variable Temp : std_ulogic := '0';
if rising_edge(Clock) then
Temp := not Temp;
Bar <= Temp;
end architecture Arch;
vhdl work test.vhd
$ xst -ifn test.xst
Release 13.4 - xst O.87xd (lin64)
Elaborating entity <Test> (architecture <Arch>) from library <work>.
ERROR:HDLCompiler:1401 - "/tmp/vhdl/test.vhd" Line 16: Signal Foo in
unit Test is connected to following multiple drivers:
ERROR:HDLCompiler:1379 - "/tmp/vhdl/test.vhd" Line 13: Driver 0: output
signal of instance Power ERROR:HDLCompiler:1379 - "/tmp/vhdl/test.vhd"
Line 16: Driver 1: output signal Temp of instance Flip-Flop
but clearly the signal with multiple drivers is Bar, not Foo!
Thoughts on this?
- Prev by Date: banks and its association with options
- Next by Date: Re: Xilinx ISE Multiple Drivers Error
- Previous by thread: banks and its association with options
- Next by thread: Re: Xilinx ISE Multiple Drivers Error