Re: Fixed point number hardware implementation

"kami" <kamran.wadood@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
"kami" <kamran.wadood@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Now, I was wondering what will be the best option if I wanted to
demonstrate the filter operation more clearly. I mean these are just
numbers that I am showing on the 7-seg display. But if I want to
give
sinusoidal input and get a filtered waveform at the output.

It wouldn't take much to drive a VGA display.

Do you mean using a logic analyzer? But my friend is struggling to
develop
a logic analyzer in FPGA. So, how do you so it won't take much for VGA
display?
or do you mean using a cable (i've heard of a cable that can be
connected
to FPGA and then the other end to the PC) is that what you meant?

A VGA display needs only a few signal lines to drive it, fairly easy for
the
FPGA. I was maybe wrong to suggest it. Setting up a memory controller for

the frame buffer and writing the line draw routines is too much of a
project
and distraction early on. Forget I mentioned it.

Directly displaying the filtered waveform won't show the filtering as
well a
spectrogram. Your ears are also pretty sensitive to spectral changes.
Audio
will be the simplest demonstration. A DAC can drive earphones directly.

Can you explain a little bit more about this application? where and how am
I going to give input and how do I get the output? Is it just another (one
or more) VHDL file I need to write?
Thanks

  • Re: Fixed point number hardware implementation
    ... And then I am using the last dp (dot/decimal point on 7-seg display to ... demonstrate the filter operation more clearly. ... numbers that I am showing on the 7-seg display. ... sinusoidal input and get a filtered waveform at the output. ...
    (comp.arch.fpga)
  • Re: inserting Adobe Illustrator graphics, more experience
    ... Word's "picture editing" tools, they can work only with bitmaps. ... The 'shapes' group are all very similar to CGM (Computer Graphics Metafile) ... as a group, it can have a name, a hyperlink, display ... the import filter, which says "Is this something like CGM?" ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.office.word)
  • Re: Drag from SP2 window to desktop?
    ... > display the same help text as originally displayed by the javascript ... Embedded within the HTML will be lines like this: ... > The idea is that if the user wants to perform a "filter" operation on one ... they can drag and drop the filter icon (which is surrounded ...
  • Re: Search function
    ... effect the change in display. ... Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP ... "Bill" wrote: ... simply set the filter and required. ...
    (microsoft.public.access.formscoding)
  • RE: Record Form
    ... I have found the filter and it is clear. ... NOT have the 'data entry' property set to yes, then it should display all the ... Look down at the navigation buttons and see how many ... form in design mode and, on the data tab of the properties window, check the ...