Re: WARNING:iMPACT:923 - Can not find cable, check cable setup !

On Tue, 16 May 2006 08:13:16 -0500, "Scope" <romaingoron@xxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

I have a problem : I can't download files on the chip because Impact
doesn't recognize my cable. I am using the "Digilent JTAG3 low cost
parallel to JTAG cable" which is included with the starter kit. When I
launch a Cable autodetect on Impact, I have this message :

Connecting to cable (Parallel Port - LPT1).
Checking cable driver.
Driver windrvr6.sys version = 7.0.0.0.Cable connection failed.

You say it's a parallel cable ... which parallel port is it on?

Do you have any dongles (modules for software licence etc) on that
parallel port?

I am using Xilinx Parallel Cable 4, and it is not recognised by Impact
if I also have the dongle for HDL Designer installed on the same port.
So I have to unplug the dongle (and lose HDL Designer) when using the
Xilinx PC4.

Also, does this parallel cable have another power connection (e.g. to a
mouse port) like the Xilinx PC4? That power connection is necessary.

- Brian

  • Re: Interfacing to parallel port dongle via USB adapter
    ... But newer computers, particularly laptops, do not have these legacy ports and instead use USB to Parallel converters. ... The usual solution is to obtain a USB dongle from the software vendor, but they require the user to be on "maintenance" in order to get a USB dongle, and they impose outrageous penalties and payment of back support in order to be reinstated. ... But I want to see if it is possible to emulate a parallel port via USB that will be transparent to the software that interfaces with the dongle. ... The parallel port hardware is mapped into the PC I/O space, and access is not constrained on any descrete time boundaries. ...
    (sci.electronics.design)
  • Re: Interfacing to parallel port dongle via USB adapter
    ... dongle to a USB-to-parallel adapter. ... The parallel port hardware is mapped into the PC I/O space, ... The older dongles may have simply returned a fixed response for a ...
    (sci.electronics.design)
  • Re: Dongle issues: parallel dongle, no parallel ports on computer
    ... minimal encryption in it as the mathematics of encryption, ... the technology did not even exist when I was issued a dongle. ... parallel port solution for non-parallel port equipped notebooks? ... USB to dongle ...
    (alt.machines.cnc)
  • Re: Interfacing to parallel port dongle via USB adapter
    ... But newer computers, particularly laptops, do not have these legacy ports and instead use USB to Parallel converters. ... The usual solution is to obtain a USB dongle from the software vendor, but they require the user to be on "maintenance" in order to get a USB dongle, and they impose outrageous penalties and payment of back support in order to be reinstated. ... But I want to see if it is possible to emulate a parallel port via USB that will be transparent to the software that interfaces with the dongle. ... This is a newer dongle than the one used for another software package that interfaces to software sold by my associate to work with my product, ...
    (sci.electronics.design)
  • Re: Dongle issues: parallel dongle, no parallel ports on computer
    ... SurfCam wants $$ to replace my Parallel dongle to a USB version). ... Besides, I KNOW that my parallel dongle has minimal encryption in it as the mathematics of encryption, let alone the technology did not even exist when I was issued a dongle. ... My new computer came without a parallel port. ...
    (alt.machines.cnc)