Re: Troubleshooting with a new library

"Marc Manuel" <mmanuel64@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:<CAM_-7R=S=epYDfGsSSHiOLMD0PcDG8WEDGzJKy1CoVngkVN+nQ@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>...
Hello,

I've just switched from an IBM 3494 to an IBM TS3500.
Sometimes some jobs are failing (they where working fine with the old
library) :

20.30.07 JOB12951 IEF233A M
1407,PRIVAT,SL,PSSA0012,SSA00120,SAVEXT.VCF495B.G0914V00
20.31.06 JOB12951 IEC501A M
1407,PRIVAT,SL,COMP,PSSA0012,SSA00120,SAVEXT.VCF495B.G0914V00
20.31.08 JOB12951 IEC147I
613-1C,IFG0194J,PSSA0012,SSA00120,OUT001,1407,K21059.SAVEXT.VCF 029
029 IEE763I NAME= IFG0194J CODE= 6131C

029 IEC147I LOGREC ID =

029 IEE763I NAME= CBRLLACS CODE= 14016A

029 CBR4000I LACS MOUNT PERMANENT ERROR FOR DRIVE 1407.

029 CBR4106I INVALID SEQUENCE OF ORDERS SENT TO LIBRARY
TS3500.
029 IEE764I END OF IEC147I RELATED MESSAGES

I have no idea why there is a "double" mount.

My os is z/OS 1.13, I have all P¨TF for 3584 and 3592, the TS3500 is at the
last level of code.

Hardware guys says "no problem with the library"...

When I retry the job later, it works fine...

Any trick to solve this problem ?

Thank you.

Weird problem.

From the IEC501A message:

IEC501A is issued by Open when Allocation has not issued a mount message
(that is, when no IEF233A or IEF233D has been issued -- for example,
mounts with DEFER coded) and the volume is needed immediately.

Do you have any software assisting/modifying mounts?

Kees.

For information, services and offers, please visit our web site: http://www.klm.com. This e-mail and any attachment may contain confidential and privileged material intended for the addressee only. If you are not the addressee, you are notified that no part of the e-mail or any attachment may be disclosed, copied or distributed, and that any other action related to this e-mail or attachment is strictly prohibited, and may be unlawful. If you have received this e-mail by error, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail, and delete this message.

Koninklijke Luchtvaart Maatschappij NV (KLM), its subsidiaries and/or its employees shall not be liable for the incorrect or incomplete transmission of this e-mail or any attachments, nor responsible for any delay in receipt.
Koninklijke Luchtvaart Maatschappij N.V. (also known as KLM Royal Dutch Airlines) is registered in Amstelveen, The Netherlands, with registered number 33014286

send email to listserv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with the message: INFO IBM-MAIN

.