Upgrade Omegamon V4R1 to V4R2

Hello:

We're upgrading Omegamon V4R1 to V4R2 in our test system in z/OS 1.12. Our enviroment is:

- OMEGAMON II FOR MVS V550: ZOOM TO EPILOG EXEC PGM=KOBCIRT0
- OMEGAMON II FOR MVS V550: EPILOG COLLECTOR EXEC PGM=KEPCOLL
- OMEGAMON II CUA: EXEC PGM=KLV
- OMEGAMON II FOR MVS V550: HISTORICAL DATA INTERFACE EXEC PGM=KM2SS2C
- OMEGAMON II MENU SYSTEM COLLECTOR: EXEC PGM=KOBCIRT0
- OMEGAMON II FOR MVS V550: CSA ANALYZER EXEC PGM=KCSMGR
- TIVOLI ENTERPRISE MONITORING SERVER (TEMS): EXEC PGM=KLV
- OMEGAMON II FOR MVS V550: OMEGAMON CLASSIC REALTIME COLLECTOR: EXEC PGM=KOBVTAM
- OMEGAMON II FOR MVS V550: EXEC PGM=KLV
- CANDLE SUBSYSTEM: EXEC PGM=KCNDLMN

Our configurate products in CICAT menu are:

IBM Tivoli Management Services on z/OS V6.2.2
IBM Tivoli OMEGAMON XE for CICS on z/OS V4.2.0
IBM Tivoli OMEGAMON XE for CICS TG on z/OS V4.2.0
IBM Tivoli OMEGAMON XE on z/OS V4.2.0
IBM Tivoli System Automation for z/OS V3.3.0
ITCAM for Transactions, File Transfer Enabler for z/OS V7.1.0

We've just executed the INSTLIB job in CICAT because we're upgrading to z/OS 1.12.

We only use Omegamon CICS and Omegamon z/OS.
We are no expert in omegamon enviroment. It's the first time that we must upgrade Omegamon in our systems. We've applied ptfs and upgrade the version through ICAT menu, but not the release. All the coexistence ptfs for z/OS 1.12 are installed.
We have only a test system in a test sysplex

We have several doubts:

- We're reading the OMEGAMON XE and Tivoli Management Services on z/OS Version 6.2.2 Fix Pack 2 Upgrade Guide. In the chapter 2, upgrade paths, path b, step 4 says: "If you plan to run the hub monitoring server on a z/OS
system,...". We suppose that our hub monitoring server is the TIVOLI ENTERPRISE MONITORING SERVER. Could be?.
- If this question is true, the technote High-Availability Hub Tivoli Enterprise TEMS on z/OS tells the instructions for configure the hub to make it moveable. We have only one system. Must we applied this configuration in the hub?
- If we don't execute the step above we must continue with the Chapter 5. Batch upgrade scenario. The first paragrah says: "Upgrading most OMEGAMON XE monitoring agents from V4.1.0 to V4.2.0 does not require full product
reconfiguration". We don't need upgrade anything in our actual release V4R1?

Regards

Jorge Garcia Juanino
Gestor de servicio sistemas z/OS
DGTP ? DIAC ? Area servicios de CPD
MAPFRE
C/ Llodio, 2 (2º Planta)
28034 Madrid
Tfno.: 91 581 27 34 ? Extension interna: 412734
Movil: 618333559
jgarci12@xxxxxxxxxx

send email to listserv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with the message: INFO IBM-MAIN
.