Fwd: Big blksize in MFNetDisk

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Shai Hess <mfnetdisk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 9:26 PM
Subject: Big blksize in MFNetDisk
To: shai.hess@xxxxxxxxx

**
HI,

Many time I was asked if it is better to run MFNetDisk PC component in
Linux or Windows.
It seem to me that for big block size above 20K it is better to run in
Linux only for read operation meaning restore disk for example.
For write operation meaning dump MF disks Windows run very well.
To make it clear if you run tape emulation with many backup applications it
seem to me that it will run better in Linux if you like to restore MF disks.
But I also heard different opinions.
I made some TCP trace in frame level and in Windows there is a little
longer wait after transfer about more than 20K from total of 64K for read
operation.
So, it may be a tuning issue of TCP.
If you like to share your knowledge about running in Linux compare to
Windows with MF let me know.

Thanks,
God bless you.
Shai Hess, MFNetDisk product.

--
Thank.
God bless you,

send email to listserv@xxxxxxxxxxx with the message: INFO IBM-MAIN

  • Re: software raid0/striping on C: ?
    ... boot loader risks introducing new bugs in a component that must work right ... I'm not commenting on the rightness or wrongness of Windows not supporting ... RAID-0 system disks ... ... >> This raid0/striping on boot/root is way possible, I am a linux guru too, ...
  • Re: Future of IT in Lebanon
    ... working knowledge of Indian programmers DNA, nor of their intuitive Java ... > So Longhorn is not an experiment and Linux is an experiment? ... another chapter in the Windows story, and the Microsoft marketing machine is ... > application opens, Check the about, it says Microsoft Visual Basic 6.3. ...
    (soc.culture.lebanon)
  • FTP DOWNLOAD! More than 6500 CRACKED SOFTWARE(CAD,CAE,CAM,ED
    ... Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2005 ... DASSAULT SYSTEMES CAA ENOVIA LCA V5R13 ... ALTAIR.OPTISTRUCT V5.1 for LINUX ... ANSYS V8.0 FOR WINDOWS ...
  • Linux for Senior Citizens
    ... Linux for Senior Citizens ... For such people, I believe, Windows really is a better option: ... The kernel manages all the hardware and also looks after all running ...
    (uk.people.silversurfers)
  • Re: Future of IT in Lebanon
    ... It's the same Linux code base. ... Microsoft Office on a Windows server, it will install and run fine, the main ...
    (soc.culture.lebanon)