Need to make a catalog entry for a SMS managed Virtual tape

Hi,
Had a group of SMS managed virtual tapes be accidently scratched and I'm
trying to recreate the entries. Updated CA-1 okay and the tapes are
still on the stacked drives and marked private there, but my question
is around the MVS catalog entry. I tried to do IDCAMS "define nonvsam
name, decivetype and volume" entries and then use alter rollin to
re-attach them to the base but alter won't work because they're not SMS
managed. Define Nonvsam would let me include SMS constructs, and I
can't "alter" it a SMS storage class either.

There has to be a way to make a MVS catalog entry of a tape gdg, and
then roll it into the base.

What have I forgot?

Jim

send email to listserv@xxxxxxxxxxx with the message: INFO IBM-MAIN