Controlling the FTP server - FTCHKPWD

Dear List,

Good Day !!

To control the FTP server we know we can use FTCHKPWD user exit. Has anyone
used this EXIT at your shop to control the FTP access ? Just wanted to
understand the method to install this exit and control only the specified
user gaining access to FTP server running on Z/OS.

Environment : Z/OS 1.8

Resource link :
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/zos/v1r11/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.zos.r11.halz002/f1a1b391185.htm

Any comments or suggestions would help a lot

Jake

send email to listserv@xxxxxxxxxxx with the message: INFO IBM-MAIN

  • Re: Controlling the FTP server - FTCHKPWD
    ... Implementing the exits was as simple as assembling them to a LOADLIB, APF authorising it and concatenating it in the FTP server proc. ... As you have alluded since, the SERVAUTH RACF profile along with a SAF statement in your TCPIP PROFILE against your FTPSERVE port, or even PAGENT with z/OS MF configurator may be more straightforward. ... To control the FTP server we know we can use FTCHKPWD user exit. ...
    (bit.listserv.ibm-main)
  • Re: R> DROP in GForth
    ... It provides powerful flow control for slightly less overhead ... So maybe you could reverse the flow of arguments and first tell us ... flows remaining until you reach a structured exit. ... and wherever it starts getting snarled you can do a LOB like ...
    (comp.lang.forth)
  • Re: Username & ComputerName With Access2003
    ... > The before insert only exists for the whole form, not a particular control. ... then again you should be able to "exit" without a record being ... Remember, when you exit a form, no prompts occur, ... and then on the properties sheet for that control, ...
    (microsoft.public.access.formscoding)
  • Re: Event order when clicking away from a field
    ... I have found a rather neat way of making the control ... being held until the exit event is completed, ... Optimistic locking would be great if everybody had a good server, ... the active control in the subform in order to make another control ...
    (microsoft.public.access.forms)
  • Re: Username & ComputerName With Access2003
    ... > programmer, and I have no idea what you are saying. ... The before insert only exists for the whole form, not a particular control. ... if the user decides to exit out of the form without saving ... and then on the properties sheet for that control, ...
    (microsoft.public.access.formscoding)