DFHSM Secondary Space Management

All,

I have a management class that is supposed to delete selected datasets after 30days non usage. The datasets end up on either ML1 or ML2. It appears though that HSM secondary space management is not deleteing these and were getting a build up of datasets which should have been deleted. The key parts of management class DEL030 are as follows:

Expire Non-usage 30
Expire date/days NOLIMIT
Primary Days 5
Level 1 Days 21
ADM/USER Backup BOTH
Auto Backup NO (was YES. Changed to NO yesterday!)

The Storage Group has Auto Backup set to yes.

HSM performs NO auto backup though.

Any ideas why my datasets don't get deleted?

Regards,
Phil Kingston

send email to listserv@xxxxxxxxxxx with the message: INFO IBM-MAIN
.