Re: OpenPGP on z/OS

One option is to offload PGP encryption using the Co:Z Launcher.

For example JCL, see: http://dovetail.com/docs/coz/cookbook.html#4_3

If your "appliance" Unix/Linux server is Linux on z, a zBX blade, or a *nix
server within the secure mainframe "DMZ", you can avoid the encryption of
data flows between z/OS and the appliance, resulting in *significantly*
lower overall costs (CP, software, etc, etc). If your purpose is to PGP
encrypt before transferring, you can even use the appliance as a file
transfer gateway controlled by your z/OS batch job - with no "data at rest".

Kirk Wolf
Dovetailed Technologies
http://dovetail.com

PS> Co:Z is free to use under our Community License; commercial license and
support agreements are also available

On Tue, May 24, 2011 at 11:18 AM, Wissink, Brad [ITSYS] <bjwisnk@xxxxxxxxxxx