Re: GDG Question

So what your saying is the the LOCATE/CAMLIST macros (and others I suppose)
never even look at the Vxx part of the DSN.
Your usage of it is interesting, never thought of it myself, but lord knows
I could have used it!

Thank You,

Joe Aulph,
Senior Systems Programmer:
850-487-8945
Joe_Aulph@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Lizette Koehler
<starsoul@MINDSPR
ING.COM> To
Sent by: IBM IBM-MAIN@xxxxxxxxxxx
Mainframe cc
Discussion List
<IBM-MAIN@xxxxxxx Subject
.edu> Re: GDG Question

01/20/2009 09:16
AM

Please respond to
IBM Mainframe
Discussion List
<IBM-MAIN@xxxxxxx
.edu>

The V00 part of the G0000V00 number is used to create the same GDG number
without impacting the GDG numbers.

Say I have G0001V00 and I find that it is incorrect, I then create a
G0001V01. Now let's say the G0001V01 is still the Generation 0 entry in
the
GDG. Then when I use DSN(0) it pulls in G0001V01 as if it were G0001V00.
And the G0001V00 is gone. Best part I did not roll off any other GDGs when
creating the G0001V01 entry.

Lizette

This brings up a question I've had before.

Why is the 'V00' not made use of?

Why doesn't'G9999V00 roll over to G0001V01?
Rather than starting over at G0001V00...

How did you handle this situation? Just delete all generations or create
new GDG?

send email to listserv@xxxxxxxxxxx with the message: GET IBM-MAIN INFO

send email to listserv@xxxxxxxxxxx with the message: GET IBM-MAIN INFO

  • Re: Reading DD card information
    ... Applications Architect - Mainframe Applications Development ... For IBM-MAIN subscribe / signoff / archive access instructions, ... send email to listserv@xxxxxxxxxxx with the message: GET IBM-MAIN INFO ...
    (bit.listserv.ibm-main)
  • Re: Reading DD card information
    ... The information contained in this electronic communication and any ... For IBM-MAIN subscribe / signoff / archive access instructions, ... send email to listserv@xxxxxxxxxxx with the message: GET IBM-MAIN INFO ...
    (bit.listserv.ibm-main)
  • Re: QUESTION ABOUT ICKDSF - ICK31505I
    ... For IBM-MAIN subscribe / signoff / archive access instructions, ... send email to listserv@xxxxxxxxxxx with the message: GET IBM-MAIN INFO ... erase or destroy the material. ...
    (bit.listserv.ibm-main)
  • Re: NO RESPONSE TO MY EARLIER POST ON HSM - REPOST
    ... NO RESPONSE TO MY EARLIER POST ON HSM - REPOST ... For IBM-MAIN subscribe / signoff / archive access instructions, ... send email to listserv@xxxxxxxxxxx with the message: GET IBM-MAIN INFO ...
    (bit.listserv.ibm-main)
  • Re: "FOTS1346 Permission denied, please try again"
    ... RDC Operations - Systems Administrator ... For IBM-MAIN subscribe / signoff / archive access instructions, ... send email to listserv@xxxxxxxxxxx with the message: GET IBM-MAIN INFO ...
    (bit.listserv.ibm-main)