JCL/PARM puzzle

I have two sets of JCL that are executing BPXBATCH. The first set follows
and it did not work.

10 //PS082 EXEC PGM=BPXBATCH,
//********************************************************************
// PARM='SH echo sftp -vvv -b /u/bpxbatch/mccheckftp
11 // fis-depot.ucdavis.edu |su -s bpxbtch'
12 //SYSPRINT DD SYSOUT=*
13 //STDOUT DD SYSOUT=*
14 //STDERR DD SYSOUT=*
O. MESSAGE
10 IEFC621I EXPECTED CONTINUATION NOT RECEIVED
11 IEFC605I UNIDENTIFIED OPERATION FIELD

This set of JCL's worked:

//PS082 EXEC PGM=BPXBATCH,
//********************************************************************
// PARM='SH echo sftp -b /u/bpxbatch/mccheckftp fis-depot.ucdavis.edu
// |su -s bpxbtch'
//SYSPRINT DD SYSOUT=*
//STDOUT DD SYSOUT=*
//STDERR DD SYSOUT=*

Any ideas as to why the first set fails.

Thanks

John Norgauer
University of California Davis Medical Center
2315 Stockton Blvd
ASB 1300
Sacramento, Ca 95817
916-734-0536

SYSTEMS PROGRAMMING...... Guilty, until proven innocent !! " JN 2004
"Hardware eventually breaks - Software eventually works" anon

send email to listserv@xxxxxxxxxxx with the message: GET IBM-MAIN INFO

  • Re: Co: Z Toolkit for z/OS Install
    ... Speaking of my REXXSTOR exec, based on a recent conversation with an IBM ... TSO or TSO OMVS ... For IBM-MAIN subscribe / signoff / archive access instructions, ... send email to listserv@xxxxxxxxxxx with the message: GET IBM-MAIN INFO ...
    (bit.listserv.ibm-main)
  • Antwort: IF-Statement in JCL
    ... This is similar to the COND parameter in the EXEC ... From my experiences you cannot evaluate JCL symbols. ... For IBM-MAIN subscribe / signoff / archive access instructions, ... send email to listserv@xxxxxxxxxxx with the message: GET IBM-MAIN INFO ...
    (bit.listserv.ibm-main)
  • Re: Multi-line "Srchfor" Utility?
    ... If you were to take Dave's approach, I wrote a REXX EXEC that will ... I just need to extract EXEC CICS QUERY SECURITY ... For IBM-MAIN subscribe / signoff / archive access instructions, ... send email to listserv@xxxxxxxxxxx with the message: GET IBM-MAIN INFO ...
    (bit.listserv.ibm-main)
  • Re: using nexted procs
    ... of the PROC, although it should work either way. ... //FFND05 EXEC ... For IBM-MAIN subscribe / signoff / archive access instructions, ... send email to listserv@xxxxxxxxxxx with the message: GET IBM-MAIN INFO ...
    (bit.listserv.ibm-main)
  • Re: Rexx to submit job
    ... but I use this Exec to submit my jobs from ISPF. ... For IBM-MAIN subscribe / signoff / archive access instructions, ... send email to listserv@xxxxxxxxxxx with the message: GET IBM-MAIN INFO ...
    (bit.listserv.ibm-main)