Re: COBOL / VSAM question.

I have an interesting observation. I ran an IDCAMS jobs to print 1
record from a VSAM file which I know is OPEN to CICS. If I run it on the
same LPAR as the CICS region, I get NO messages, just the output. When I
run it on a different LPAR, then I get the messages:

IEC161I 056-084,TSH009JX,STEP001,BPIFTX,,,MSHPV.NASE.CICSPIF, 170
IEC161I MSHPV.NASE.CICSPIF.DATA,CATALOG.ICF.VPRDH01
IEC161I 056-084,TSH009JX,STEP001,BPIFTX,,,MSHPV.NASE.CICSPIF, 171
IEC161I MSHPV.NASE.CICSPIF.INDEX,CATALOG.ICF.VPRDH01
IEC161I 062-086,TSH009JX,STEP001,BPIFTX,,,MSHPV.NASE.CICSPIF, 172
IEC161I MSHPV.NASE.CICSPIF.DATA,CATALOG.ICF.VPRDH01

as well as the IDCAMS output:

IDC3300I ERROR OPENING MSHPV.NASE.CICSPIF
IDC3351I ** VSAM OPEN RETURN CODE IS 118

So, on my z/OS 1.8 system, I get different actions depending on which
LPAR I run on.

Should I be propagating something more across the GRSPlex?

--
John McKown
Senior Systems Programmer

The information contained in this e-mail message may be privileged
and/or confidential. It is for intended addressee(s) only. If you are
reproduction, distribution or other use of this communication is
strictly prohibited and could, in certain circumstances, be a criminal
offense. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the
sender by reply and delete this message without copying or disclosing
it.

send email to listserv@xxxxxxxxxxx with the message: GET IBM-MAIN INFO

  • Re: COBOL / VSAM question.
    ... We have a COBOL batch program which reads a VSAM file which is OPEN to ... the CICS region, that the OPEN got a FILE STATUS code of 00. ... in a single system, if the file were open to another job in UPDATE mode. ...
    (bit.listserv.ibm-main)
  • Re: A very basic question
    ... The entire CICS region is using 4.5% of a z/990 2084-309. ... How large is the VSAM file? ... The I/O trace was run from XFCFROUT where we could look at the record keys - ... For IBM-MAIN subscribe / signoff / archive access instructions, ...
    (bit.listserv.ibm-main)
  • DFSMStvs Impementation
    ... We are implementing a Parallel Sysplex Data Sharing environment. ... We have a central VSAM file which we have products that loads it ... PLEX there would be a synchronization problem between the members ECSA. ... CICS region and batch. ...
    (bit.listserv.ibm-main)