Re: Mount DASD as read-only

We have read only dasd volumes.

We have a EMC's Symmetrix DASD cabinet with SRDF's remote copy. What we have
online as read only is the destination volume of the remote copy witch is
read-only for MVS. So, if we dont want to allow a partition to be able to
write to a specific volume, we vary online the "destination" device.
that is true, the target volume of a local or remote copy may be read-only (depends on the vendor and may be customizable). But that is different from making the source (online) volume read-only.

Bruce A. Black
Senior Software Developer for FDR
Innovation Data Processing 973-890-7300
personal: bblack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx