Re: Mount DASD as read-only

We have read only dasd volumes.

We have a EMC's Symmetrix DASD cabinet with SRDF's remote copy. What we have
online as read only is the destination volume of the remote copy witch is
read-only for MVS. So, if we dont want to allow a partition to be able to
write to a specific volume, we vary online the "destination" device.
that is true, the target volume of a local or remote copy may be read-only (depends on the vendor and may be customizable). But that is different from making the source (online) volume read-only.

--
Bruce A. Black
Senior Software Developer for FDR

send email to listserv@xxxxxxxxxxx with the message: GET IBM-MAIN INFO

  • RE: Mount DASD as read-only
    ... We have a EMC's Symmetrix DASD cabinet with SRDF's remote copy. ... we vary online the "destination" device. ...
    (bit.listserv.ibm-main)
  • Re: OT: why no file copy() libc/syscall ??
    ... >> It is too simple to implement in user mode. ... And since both source and destination may be remote you do get to decide ... send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: FP2003/WinXP PRO/FP Extensions Publish file problem -- HELP
    ... The online link explanation of the 'conflict' ... >My Web Sites in my My Documents folder during install. ... The publish from local to remote item was tagged. ... >It showed me the normal Listing in srweb and Listing in ...
    (microsoft.public.frontpage.client)
  • FYI: A/V update, Wordpad CLSID folder w/ctfmon.exe
    ... Contacts external (remote) url's, ... As a legitimate appearing MS file many firewall/A/v may ... and inspected via packet monitoring, ... to your A/V online feedback/repository. ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: rync question
    ... directory to a remote destination directory. ... or the local system couldn't read a file). ... The USER that you are running on the local machine, ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)