Re: New to DVD Recorders -- which one?

spam@xxxxxxx (Bob) wrote:

On Sun, 13 Aug 2006 20:02:29 -0500, Guy Scharf <guy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

I've decided I need a DVD recorder.

I recommend you go cheap at first. You can always use the cheap
unit as a second VCR when its time to get a good unit.

I am using the ILO DVDR05MU1 with 6.10 firmware from WalMart for
$99. It works satisfactorily. If it were more expensive I would
not buy it, but for a hundred bucks and the prospect that it will
serve as a backup unit one day, I am satisfied. It will play AVI
(XviD only) which means you do not have to convert.

I tried to get an ILO at WalMart today and was told they no longer
carried them. In cheap DVDRs, the choices were between Magnavox and
Philips. I got the Philips DVDR 3390 and will install it soon and see
how well it works.

Guy

  • Re: Rats.... foiled by old age
    ... They are cheap because they make shabby goods. ... Thats the "walmart syndrome" shop on price and not value. ... prematurely due to improper balancing and alignment, ... When I drive out of Walmart with new tires the difference is ...
    (rec.food.cooking)
  • Re: Rats.... foiled by old age
    ... They are cheap because they make shabby goods. ... Thats the "walmart syndrome" shop on price and not value. ... Aside from poor driving habits tires mainly wear ... prematurely due to improper balancing and alignment, ...
    (rec.food.cooking)
  • Re: Mistakes or sloppy work
    ... I love Walmart when I need to by cheap shit. ... They are not "screwing" their employees out ... Cheap jobs for unskilled people is one thing. ...
    (rec.woodworking)
  • Re: Melamine Found In Milk In China, Again
    ... Folks who patronize Walmart agree that cheap ... however it is accomplished (low wages here, ... canned foods like Nutro, not el-cheapo WalMart brands. ...
    (rec.food.cooking)
  • Re: Squatters at Walmart
    ... actions of those freeloading at Walmart and it's not a favorable image. ... I seem to remember you posting about staying in inexpensive (cheap) city ... By now we have favorite parks on all the various routes we take but I ... It's an agreement freely entered into by campgrounds to generate business, the same way restaurants and other stores issue coupons to entice shoppers. ...
    (rec.outdoors.rv-travel)