Re: New to DVD Recorders -- which one?
- From: Guy Scharf <guy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2006 18:33:01 -0500
spam@xxxxxxx (Bob) wrote:
On Sun, 13 Aug 2006 20:02:29 -0500, Guy Scharf <guy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
I've decided I need a DVD recorder.
I recommend you go cheap at first. You can always use the cheap
unit as a second VCR when its time to get a good unit.
I am using the ILO DVDR05MU1 with 6.10 firmware from WalMart for
$99. It works satisfactorily. If it were more expensive I would
not buy it, but for a hundred bucks and the prospect that it will
serve as a backup unit one day, I am satisfied. It will play AVI
(XviD only) which means you do not have to convert.
I tried to get an ILO at WalMart today and was told they no longer
carried them. In cheap DVDRs, the choices were between Magnavox and
Philips. I got the Philips DVDR 3390 and will install it soon and see
how well it works.
- Prev by Date: Re: Blockbuster?
- Next by Date: Looking to trade for these concerts on DVDR
- Previous by thread: Re: New to DVD Recorders -- which one?
- Next by thread: FA: Unrated LAND OF THE DEAD